Planning To Buy A 93 Sc400

eddie187

hi everyone I'm planning to buy a sc4 1993 but I'm not sure if I'm going to pay overprice i live in Canada and the market between Canada and US is different. the car I'm looking at has 140000 kms (89000 miles) no sunroof but the car is close to mint i give it 8.5 out of 10 hes asking $11000 Canadian so that's about $9500us.i have look on the Internet but i only find us market value. thanks

• 8 months later...

I had the same questions about pricing. *Market value* by KBB and Edmunds was quite what I was looking for, but I ran across these links which have actual prices. Hopefully these will be helpful:

http://www.pricehub.com/price/Lexus/SC300

http://www.pricehub.com/price/Lexus/SC400

These are the actual prices people have paid, not estimates from KBB. Sorry, I don't think any of the prices are in Canadian dollars, they are all USD.

With all due respect to all online book-keepers, and actual amounts paid by fellow-buyers, for cars that have crossed a decade in age and 100K of running, I am not sure these form the best indicators. With multiple owners and varying driving conditions, one needs to look closer at inspection performance and relative under-use of wear-and-tear parts if they really want to compare true value of cars. With older cars, one runs a greater risk of buying a lemon than in the case on one that is new.

$9500 for a '93 SC400 with 89,000mi is a bit steep. If it hasn't had the timing belt changed along with the water pump and thermostat, you will be looking at another $1500 (US) in a major service and you still don't know the condition of the brakes,rotors,electrical system, suspension and exhaust etc. If you are going to buy it, give it to a lexus dealer for the $95 certification check up and get their service history records and the car fax. If it hasn't got the timing belt service and needs other items serviced you can haggle about the price. It should be lower anyway.