93,ls

lacanls400

First of all I really injoy reading this forum. I have had several question answered already by reading other post. My question is that I have a front end wobble when I am using my brakes. Generally when i'm slowing from say about 50pmh or so. I thought it was my front rotors that needed to turned. What is confusing to me is that under the exact same circumstances some times it will wabble and some times it wont. If they are warped then they should wobble all the time under the same circumstances. Right? Thank you for your help. Lacan93LS

is it a wobble or more like a tug of war left to right, like one side is grabbing harder than the other, and goes back and forth?

is it a wobble or more like a tug of war left to right, like one side is grabbing harder than the other, and goes back and forth?

Mine is doing this and would like to hear why.....Also, when braking the front end drops quite a bit like the back brakes are not even working...

Mine does this as well. I've torn down the calipers, they're fine. I've had the rotors turned, and they're fine. I've flushed the front fluid completly with new fluid, that's fine.

I'm starting to think the stabalizer bar links go bad, as they're little ball joints. I get it in the front and back, and I do recall when replacing my front suspeniosn parts nearly two years ago, one of the bolts on the bar links would not tighten down to the thread...it was just turning the ball joint inside the housing.

I also noticed the other day when doing the differential fluid, I can easily turn the rear link on the passenger side left and right, with ease....almost too much ease. Nearly no resistance anymore.

The more I think about it... would you not agree this is a "stabalizing" problem, as the car isn't very stable....hence...the stabalizer bar links!

First of all I really injoy reading this forum. I have had several question answered already by reading other post. My question is that I have a front end wobble when I am using my brakes. Generally when i'm slowing from say about 50pmh or so. I thought it was my front rotors that needed to turned. What is confusing to me is that under the exact same circumstances some times it will wabble and some times it wont. If they are warped then they should wobble all the time under the same circumstances. Right? Thank you for your help. Lacan93LS

I did replace the front shoes and turned the rotors about 5mo. ago. I thought that solved the problem but soon after, like a week it started wobbling again. If you press harder on the brakes then the wobble goes away. Difinitely a wobble. Not pulling.

lacanls400

• 8 months later...

This problem is similar to mine, 93 LS400. The difference is that I get the wobble when braking at 50 mph and up. It's proportionally worse with higher speeds. I'm afraid to touch the brake when I'm doing 75mph, the wobble is so bad. New and balanced tires, front alignment is good. I don't believe it's bent rotors because brakes are smooth under 50 mph or so. Any ideas?

I did replace the front shoes and turned the rotors about 5mo. ago. I thought that solved the problem but soon after, like a week it started wobbling again. If you press harder on the brakes then the wobble goes away. Difinitely a wobble. Not pulling.

lacanls400

I had the same problem with my 94ls. I replaced both front rotors and pads and the problem went away. The wobble can vary based on speed and the heating of rotors. Before I got mine fixed I was coming down an mountain and it felt like it was going to shake the whole front end off. After I got to the bottom and the brakes cooled off it was much better but still had a wobble certain times.

My 2000 ls is doing the exact same thing now so it I am going to replace both rotors with slotted and grooved rotors and go with ceramic pads. These can be found on EBay at a fraction of replacements at AutoZone. I have never like turning rotors unless I knew for a fact it was the first and only time they had been turned and even then I really didn’t like it. If you have them turned and they are warped you might not turn enough to get that wobble out. They may look good but you really just resurfacing them.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem with my 94ls. I replaced both front rotors and pads and the problem went away. The wobble can vary based on speed and the heating of rotors. Before I got mine fixed I was coming down an mountain and it felt like it was going to shake the whole front end off. After I got to the bottom and the brakes cooled off it was much better but still had a wobble certain times.

My 2000 ls is doing the exact same thing now so it I am going to replace both rotors with slotted and grooved rotors and go with ceramic pads. These can be found on EBay at a fraction of replacements at AutoZone. I have never like turning rotors unless I knew for a fact it was the first and only time they had been turned and even then I really didn’t like it. If you have them turned and they are warped you might not turn enough to get that wobble out. They may look good but you really just resurfacing them.

Hope this helps.

Not the same car but the same symptom. 96 Plymouth Breeze, brakes shuddered badly at low speeds but were not bad at high speed. They would pulse badly just before coming to a stop. I checked the runout and I had .002 inches runout but I didnt check parallelism of the rotors, like they were thicker at some points, causing an increase in friction at a spot, causing the pulsing. $7.50 a piece to turn them, but they were only $32 to replace both! No brainer. Once you warp a rotor it is never the same. You can turn it back to limits but the integrity is lost making a future warp much more probable. My brakes are butter smooth now.

My 92 LS400 rear bars that go forward from the hub to the chassis can rotate like they are on bearings, no resistance at all but they are not loose, no movement other than the roataion. Think they are bad? I know the UCA ball joints have a turning torque that has to be >5 inch/lbs to be serviceable (or something like that).