2008 Rx 400h

• 4 weeks later...

yes, both the new RX and the 400h (redesign in 2008 as 2009 model) will most likely get the platform that the highlander and the camry are using...

however, i hope they dont, cause that means its going to be a hand-me-down from toyota to lexus and not the other way around...

if lexus really wanted to get some prestige, they should make their own platforms.

yes, both the new RX and the 400h (redesign in 2008 as 2009 model) will most likely get the platform that the highlander and the camry are using...

however, i hope they dont, cause that means its going to be a hand-me-down from toyota to lexus and not the other way around...

if lexus really wanted to get some prestige, they should make their own platforms.

Vehicle "platforms" cost tens-to-hundreds of millions of dollars to develop - I'm not sure if you're aware of that. Every Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Lincoln, Audi, Cadillac and Chrysler will forever share a platform with lesser vehicles. It allows you and I to have luxury at the prices you see today - if the RX was a standalone it would cost, well, what a Bentley or Maybach costs.

well, even if you and i know that, lexus bashers dont.

for a long time mercedes benz had their own platforms for their own cars. They are now hand-me-downs to chryslers. but before that, mercedes were mercedes' platforms.

There is the Crossfire using the former SLK platform which is not in use for Mercedes anymore. I don't know if there are other Chrysler using old Mercedes platforms (I doubt). There is defintely no Mercedes car using a Chrysler platform. Why do you think the US car industry are in trouble so much? Because they produce good quality and up to date technology?