Brake Light On (idiot Light)

picturethis

top off your brake fluid reservoir. As the pads get low, more fluid is needed to fill the calipers as they extend more to get the pads to contact the rotor. Toyota/Lexus also has very sensitive level indicators in the fluid reservoir. Even though the level may be above the min line, the level switch can still be triggered thinking the level is low.

yes you can get pads at autozone, pepboys, etc. I prefer Toyota/Lexus OEM. No dust and very quiet.

look online for them also, usually the pricing is anywhere from $40-80 per set.

try www.lexus-parts.com, www.newlexusparts.com and www.irontoad.com

steviej

thanks! Your right it, fluid level was low (not much). would you go semi metaliac or ceramic pads? also can the factory rotors be turned?

top off your brake fluid reservoir. As the pads get low, more fluid is needed to fill the calipers as they extend more to get the pads to contact the rotor. Toyota/Lexus also has very sensitive level indicators in the fluid reservoir. Even though the level may be above the min line, the level switch can still be triggered thinking the level is low.

yes you can get pads at autozone, pepboys, etc. I prefer Toyota/Lexus OEM. No dust and very quiet.

look online for them also, usually the pricing is anywhere from $40-80 per set.

try www.lexus-parts.com, www.newlexusparts.com and www.irontoad.com

steviej

thanks! Your right it, fluid level was low (not much). would you go semi metaliac or ceramic pads? also can the factory rotors be turned?

factory rotors can be turned provided that they remain within specs after they have been turned.

I would go with OEM and then name brand ceramics if OEM are unavailable.

steviej