Car Won't Start

Hey I'm new to the forum anywase I have a 1998 lexus gs 400 with 67k.I went to start it the other day and it started up but then it cut off.I tried to start it right after and all I got was cranking noise it would not start.Can anyone help me with my problem who has been through this before or who is a mechanic.Thanks

Was the car running 100% before you parked ?

well the car was parked overnight.I went outside to move it over so i wouldn't get any door dings from the neighbor and it started up.I then turned the car off and got out the car I went to go see if I had enough room to move over some more and I did so I got back in my car tried to start it and it sarted for a split second and died.I then tried to start it up again and all I got was cranking noise.I tried putting a new battery that didn't work.Everything in my car still work like the lights, radio,windshield wipers,trunk release button,door release button.I had the spark plugs,ditributor cap and rotor replaced about 3k ago.

I have heard that thats what would happen if the security chip in ur key somehow lost its connection with the security system.... I dont know how valid that notion is, but i heard it happened, none the less.

odds are you're alternator is bad. the battery is mainly there to supply power to start the car. once the car is on the alternator take over to supply power to all the electronics and to recharge the battery. if the alternator goes bad, the car will then only run if the battery is good. my suggestion to you would be to check and make sure the battery is good or not. if it is still good then there might be another issue. if it is not good, then also get the alternator checked out. if you replace the battery without getting a new alternator, then that battery will drain in a matter of days.

odds are you're alternator is bad. the battery is mainly there to supply power to start the car. once the car is on the alternator take over to supply power to all the electronics and to recharge the battery. if the alternator goes bad, the car will then only run if the battery is good. my suggestion to you would be to check and make sure the battery is good or not. if it is still good then there might be another issue. if it is not good, then also get the alternator checked out. if you replace the battery without getting a new alternator, then that battery will drain in a matter of days.

okay now I had my car towed to a mechanic and when I get there the car started up after a couple of cranks and when it did alot of white smoke came out the tail pipes the mechanic said that was becauseall the times that I tried to start it all the gas got clogged up now it is releasing nothing to worry about.I then got home and everything was okay.3 days later I didn't drive the car for 2 days because I had the winshield replaced.but today I got in it warmed it up took it out for a ride and when I got to the light it died out.I put it in park and it started right up.I got to another light and it did the same thing.What can be the problem does anyone know

okay now I had my car towed to a mechanic and when I get there the car started up after a couple of cranks and when it did alot of white smoke came out the tail pipes the mechanic said that was becauseall the times that I tried to start it all the gas got clogged up now it is releasing nothing to worry about.I then got home and everything was okay.3 days later I didn't drive the car for 2 days because I had the winshield replaced.but today I got in it warmed it up took it out for a ride and when I got to the light it died out.I put it in park and it started right up.I got to another light and it did the same thing.What can be the problem does anyone know

okay, well, i guess it's not a battery problem. what you should do is go back to the mechanic and see if he can hook up your car to a diagnostic machine. with the proper equipment he should be able to tell you if any of the cylinders is lacking fuel delivery. the engine check light does not need to be on for the mechanic to check this. other than that it's all trial and error.