Please Help Choose

I am not sure which one to get, they seem to be the same thing, I am not an expert and would like to hear your advice on which one you recomend, I ordered some pads already some that ranney recommend, your advice would help me make my decision, thank you in advance.

I am not sure which one to get, they seem to be the same thing, I am not an expert and would like to hear your advice on which one you recomend, I ordered some pads already some that ranney recommend, your advice would help me make my decision, thank you in advance.

I use a rotary but I remember reading, hope I am right, that the only diff is the counter weight and 336 is cheaper.

Just be careful with used ones, they dont last forever, and will require maintenance.

I use a rotary but I remember reading, hope I am right, that the only diff is the counter weight and 336 is cheaper.

Just be careful with used ones, they dont last forever, and will require maintenance.

thank you for your advice. I think I will buy the 7424.

Art; I LOVE autopia.org forum so check it out. ANYTHING and everything is there. Been out there for almost 4 years. My OCD is now into detailing, again; off from my Reef tank and RC heli's. You think detailing takes time and money. Try them.

It is like SW03 got me turned onto ONR (THANKS MAN!!!!). Just ordered a gallon for $30 and their Tire shine for $19 per gallon. Can't beat that price. Wife got a little mad today since I ordered a few..cough, ,:whistles: , things from chemical guys. Check them out. Going to try their 5050 wax; since I hear it is very good. I still think JW product are the best bang, shine and longevity out there but that is me. But going to see if topped with 5050 helps. Ha, only $$$$$ :):):)

Oh. sorry..here are some links for the 7336. Hope they help yea. Now just need some LC pads..:)

http://autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing...?highlight=7336

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/600...?highlight=7336

thank you for all your feedback. the reason why I asked was because pakshak, where I usually buy my things from has only the 7336 or something like that, and I really wanted to buy it from them, but since it sounds like the 7424 is the choice to make, I will look for a different shop to order the 7424. thank you again.

thank you for all your feedback. the reason why I asked was because pakshak, where I usually buy my things from has only the 7336 or something like that, and I really wanted to buy it from them, but since it sounds like the 7424 is the choice to make, I will look for a different shop to order the 7424. thank you again.

Not being a pain but pakshak has high(er) prices. I would not buy from them.

But personalized service you won't get anywhere else. I happily pay a little more to businesses that actually have a helpful face. I know he's taken a lot of time with you Art helping you choose products, you won't get that from other retailers. To me there's a lot more to "value" than price. Ranney's a great guy and he runs a great business. There are only a few vendors I've done business with that I can say the same about. Steve at Poorboys is one, the guy that runs Clearkote is another. Sal Zaino's a good guy too. Wal Mart is Wal Mart, but I'd rather pay a little for some substance.

If you mention you're from LOC or Autopia, Ranney will give you a discount also.

As for the PC, really there's no difference between the two.

Porter-Cable (PC) There are two model numbers 7336SP and 7424 both machines are identical, but they come equipped slightly differently. The 7336SP, sander polisher comes with a 6-inch counterweight; Porter-Cable outfits the 7424 Polisher with a 5-inch counterweight and a 6-inch foam-polishing pad, PN 54745 (the pad that may be included with the PC- don’t use it on your paint, as it will cause scratching)

But personalized service you won't get anywhere else. I happily pay a little more to businesses that actually have a helpful face. I know he's taken a lot of time with you Art helping you choose products, you won't get that from other retailers. To me there's a lot more to "value" than price. Ranney's a great guy and he runs a great business. There are only a few vendors I've done business with that I can say the same about. Steve at Poorboys is one, the guy that runs Clearkote is another. Sal Zaino's a good guy too. Wal Mart is Wal Mart, but I'd rather pay a little for some substance.

If you mention you're from LOC or Autopia, Ranney will give you a discount also.

As for the PC, really there's no difference between the two.

Not stirring the pot here so...

I do agree SW but there are a lot of other places (well known on autopia) that without discounts are cheaper then pakshak from of the start (and just as good). TOL (top of the line) is one I think of, excel is a great site, Poorboys (steve price are way too high for my liking), Danase is one I like (owner; bob gets back within hours and prices matches to "anything" out there he has).Plus has free shipping weekends, 10% off and will have an upcoming christmas (can I say that word in todays world) sale. I know there are about 3 others I just cannot remember then sites since I do not go there. Clearkote is good but I do not like to pay retail is my point if I do not have too. there is a site I go to for all my MF towels since no one can touch his prices. I will seee if I can find the site. Order 60 MF towels 4 months ago.

there is a site I go to for all my MF towels since no one can touch his prices. I will seee if I can find the site. Order 60 MF towels 4 months ago.

What are the quality of the towels though?

there is a site I go to for all my MF towels since no one can touch his prices. I will seee if I can find the site. Order 60 MF towels 4 months ago.

Nice. No tags ( THANK GOD) and a good deal. In fact I just got an email this AM saying happy holidays from Rob. The site is www.wcdetail.com

Nice. No tags ( THANK GOD) and a good deal. In fact I just got an email this AM saying happy holidays from Rob. The site is www.wcdetail.com

thank you all for your help, I like to know if anyone knows of a good location to get the PC 7424? also if you don't mind sharing with us some of your sites where you can save some money, I am all up to saving money. TIA