Mystery Service Light On Panel

mrmombigfoot

I have a 1994 LS 400. A service indicator light symbol has started to appear, but the owner's manual does not explain what trouble or system this symbol is related to. It just says take it to a Lexus dealer.

It is an orange light near the bottom of the panel; it's circle with three lines on the outside of the circle on both sides. What does this mean? Thanks!

I saw a little orange light in my dash yesterday that looks like a air filter or something? It came on then went away when I was driving. Is there a warning light for a dirty air filter or something? It had the shape of like a little orange 2 gallon milk jug with vertical lines going thru it. Does anybody know what that warning light means? I know it lights up then goes away when starting the car like most lights in the dash.

I think it's the coolant temperature light.  I guess I could go look it up.  I just did.  It means ADD ENGINE COOLANT.  You're probably just a little low.

Oh, ok. I have some extra coolant in the garage. I'll do that.

I guess that makes sense. It's probably the shape of a little radiator?

yup its the coolant light. in the resovor( thats not how to spell it i know) that sensor seems to go bad alot cus both my LS and SC have that light come on and off. the sensor might just be dirty but i never bothered to look

Sometimes the sensor is stuck and it give you the false reading. Check your coolant level if it's low then top it off. Otherwise take your coolant level sensor out and clean it. Coolant level sensor located on the reservoir.

JPI