Tranmission Fluid Change Tool

coolwater

I am thinking about just changing the transmission fluid via conventional method... syringe.

But, where can I buy a big syringe? (or is there a better way or tool to change it myself?)

Also, how much should I expect to pay for a 4-wheel alignment? (Pepboys? or Just Tires?)

You do realize there is a 10mm allen bolt on the bottom of the pan that facilitates the same thing, but much faster right?

My 2001 Rx300 has two ATF drain bolts/plugs. One drains the transaxle itself and the other drains the diff'l sump. If yours is the same way then the syringe wouldn't work to drain the ATF from the diff'l sump.

If you do it with the syringe method, you are going to leave a lot of sediment that lies near the bottom of the transmission pan. I have a 2000 es, and changing the ATF is actually easier than changing the oil. Just make sure you use type IV toyota ATF when you do it. There is a page somewhere on the site that shows how with pictures.