30k Mile Service! Lexus Dealer?

Ok, I need some advice........I will reach 30k miles in about two weeks. I have an 05 GS300 and until now i've used the dealer only for my scheduled maint. I received a quote of roughly $600 from my local dealer in the Atlanta. How important is it that I use the dealer for the service needs of my Lex? Does anyone have an recent exp with this subject........good or bad?

I do a lot of my own work, brakes, fluids, filters etc... but for the big stuff, like T-belts, I use the dealer. Speaking for the two dealers I have used, their technicians know way more than I ever will about these cars, and certainly more than the "cheaper" independants. They also garantee their work, without question.

It's a new car under full warranty. I would take it to the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked our Toyota dealer if they could work on my Lexus. They felt that could do the basics, tune-ups, brakes, etc, but nothing more. Apparently parts are not interchangeable. One would think simple things like brake pads and air filters would be interchangable, but the dealer told me that they put extra tabs and such on them to prevent this. So, the Toyota dealer doesn't carry the parts and doesn't really get into working on them.