Why Not Rear Rain Sensing Wipers?

LEXIRX330

Just wondering...why wouldn't cars/suvs with rear wipers have a rain sensing ability? :unsure::unsure:

I know that with my RX it is a pain there is no right speed for the rear wiper...if it is raining the wiper when left on it is always going to fast when you are driving on the highway. I have had other cars that have the rear wiper and I have the same problem. The Rain sensing would be a great feature on the rear...

Just wondering what you guys/gals think!

:lol: :D :lol: :D

Just wondering...why wouldn't cars/suvs with rear wipers have a rain sensing ability? :unsure::unsure:

I know that with my RX it is a pain there is no right speed for the rear wiper...if it is raining the wiper when left on it is always going to fast when you are driving on the highway. I have had other cars that have the rear wiper and I have the same problem. The Rain sensing would be a great feature on the rear...

Just wondering what you guys/gals think!

:lol: :D :lol: :D

The rear is not a major concern or problem. Have you noticed, that there is a version of the Suburban and Tahoe that has a split rear door, and doesn't have a rear wiper? Be thankful we have two options for the rear wiper. Honda only offers a continuous mode, and it really bothers me that it will continuously wipes when i need it to wipe after a few seconds when the water has accumulated!

• 2 weeks later...

i also have a ridiculous reason why there isnt one.

i dont use it unless i have to, because that means that all the water leaves the glass and onto my trunk lid, and that means it looks more dirty once it dries.

also, have you noticed that if your moving sometimes, there isnt much water on the rear windshield?

on the contrary, your welcome to submit your recommendation to the car brands and see what they think :)

i also have a ridiculous reason why there isnt one.

i dont use it unless i have to, because that means that all the water leaves the glass and onto my trunk lid, and that means it looks more dirty once it dries.

also, have you noticed that if your moving sometimes, there isnt much water on the rear windshield?

on the contrary, your welcome to submit your recommendation to the car brands and see what they think :)

If the road is wet, the splashes can totally block ur rear windshield view (because vans/SUVS have a almost vertical rear windshield,) . This happens especially when driving on the freeway. ;)