The Little Light ?

OfnaJoe

I am a Newbie to Lexus and this board, So glad to be here and really glad to have a Lexus. Even if it is used! I just bought a 2002 IS 300 and was wondering about the small light bulb in the low beam headlight reflector. How do you get it to come on?

Thanks in advance, Joe

I would make a guess that they were the bulbs for the DRL (daytime running lights).

On the light stalk, see if there is a DRL position or an AUTO position. If so, twist the switch to that. Then start the car and put it in R or D and while stepping on the brake, have someone go see if those bulbs light up.

When in doubt, read the manaul. If you don't have a manual, log into www.lexus.com, go to the owners section, register, and request a free one.

steviej

Those may be the parking lights. Turn the light switch stalk one click and see if they come on. It also may be an extra turn signal bulb. Play around with it till you find out.

The DRL is the high beam bulbs with power reduced through a resistor. They come on whenever the engine is on and the headlights are off.

The DRL is the high beam bulbs with power reduced through a resistor. They come on whenever the engine is on and the headlights are off.

Thanks for the clarification. I know the ES runs that way, I wasn't sure if the IS did too.

As I remember, the older generation GS had these bulbs too.

steviej

Thanks for the clarification. I know the ES runs that way, I wasn't sure if the IS did too.

As I remember, the older generation GS had these bulbs too.

steviej

2nd gen IS has separate bulbs for DRL.

Near as I can tell from the parts diagram, they're "clearance" lights. ?

clearance for what? If you look at this months Modified magizine with Jeff Wilson's IS 300 in it his little light is on!

Bulb, Clearance Lamp, PART # 00234-00192

Otherwise known as parking lights.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=4038