A/c Code 33 What's It Mean?

VBdenny

I got a code 33 and 21 on my A/C which doesn't work. Once I moved it out of the garage, the code 21 disappeared as advised. If someone has a code book I would appreciate knowing more.

My A/C light stays on steady and has never flashed. Compressor doesn't turn.

I'd like to get this fixed before it gets cold. If I need a new compressor, I'll get it from Pace and DIY it. I have an HVAC buddy who will evacuate and charge, and I have 30lbs. of R-12.

I guess what I really need is a good diagnostic before I get into it. The Lexus dealer in Syracuse told me it was the compressor locking up, but from what I've read, the A/C light is suppose to blink when that happens.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Denny

code 21 is for the solar sensor and will go on in a garage but will go off when you pull outside.

My book[for '93] says code 22 is for compressor lock; also the AC lite will blink. Doesn't list code 33 !!!

If you are a DIY, you may want to check into Maxifrig [type in google-avail in Tx.]--I use it in 4 cars, but haven't needed it in the Lexus, but would install if I needed. costs about $5. per # and you only need 70% of capacity of an R12 system-also much colder than a R134 conv. plus works with R12 oil.

Richard

The code which is displayed is a 33.  When the car is hot, the LCD clears up and I can see it.

anyone know what a 33 is on a 90LS A/C

I found what code 33 means and I posted it in a previous thread from about a week ago. I did not start the thread though. It's like a stuck servometer or something? Search the recent threads or search my posts. I got to take off so I don't have time right now. Sorry VB....

Ahhh, here it is....

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...42&st=0&hl=code

88 and 33 thanks for the help let me know what it means...

I have the shop/repair manual for the '91 LS400. Here's what I've found.

code 33 = 1> Open in air mix dampner position sensor circiut 2> Open or short in air mix servometer circuit 3> Air mix servometer locked.

I can't find 88 yet, but I'll look...

BTW, to check your AC system codes: Hold "AUTO" (not "OFF") and the "REC" switch when turning the ignition switch on.

Thanks Todd. Yeah, I had seen something on it but couldn't find it. Well I guess all I have to do now is figure out what an air mix servometer dampner thing is and where it is located. I'm hoping that it's something not huge to replace or fix.