New Questions After Reading Faq....and Using Search Of Course...

azmalu

Please if you are gonna respond "use the search key" dont do that I read on here all the time and use search but I was wondering if someone had specific input to the these questions.... Toysrme thanks again for your previous help and input.....

Me: 94ES300 160k miles broken window regulator driver side window temporarily rigged shut with little whistling until used one for comes in .. sitting at a red light in drive activates massage mode....and neutral turns it off... are my biggest pains....used regulator $60 and motor mounts on their way $80+ 15 for tranny mount

1. I bought Brembo blanks where do I go to get them slotted...How do I determine patterns or method to have it slotted? Any newbe thread to read about that other than simple pros and cons of slotted vs. drilled.

2. Skperformance mentions on 94+ you can buy shock alone instead of whole strut if it goes bad way too much noise when going over bumps etc....(just from autozone checker etc or where?)

3. I asked dealer if they do window realignment but they said no procedure like that exists....they suggested spending money on moldings(160) but I told them mined are not cracked or damaged its the actual position of the window causing the whisitling...Ill try and find some meguiars rubber sealant to apply after I install new window regulator this weekend to see if it fixes it....still who does window reallignment? Local auto shops? pretty pricey right?

4. Whats the corrlation of volume increase on stereo by changing starter. I could probabbly connect this to upgraded alt, rewound or new alternator but starter I dont get it....Ive already upgraded power and ground (4 GA) just havent rerun new power from alt long run and donno if I can take it apart and put it back together easily

5.Last question: in relation to rought idle I hear that cleaning out throttle body, cleaning ICV and EGR can help. Am I the only one having trouble taking of screws on EGR? I poured lubricant let it sit but still can t get it off...Also any method to clean the two vaccum units next to it with the pieces of cotton///fabric etc inside?

Please if you are gonna respond use the search key dont do that I read on here all the time and use search but I was wonderinn if someone had specific input to the these questions....

Ok so you have searched and mentioned it 3 times.

1.Brakes are cheapest and easiest if bought already drilled or slotted.

2.I think i misquoted the years on the shocks. Buy a whole new set as the 92-93 should be the cartridges. Besides most cartridges would be seized together by now.

4 i have no clue what you are asking?

5. you'll need heat to remove a exhaust manifold screw.

From FAQ thread:

1."brakes are easy to change bembro make plain rotors but no slots or drilled

i had mine custom made from bembro blanks with slots big difference in braking"

2."performance upgrades

The suspension may be serviceable meaning you can just buy a regular shock not a whole strut with outer casing to replace it with much cheaper i think 92-94 where non serviceable and 95-96 are"

3."The windows will leak air if they are used to close the door rather than the actual door as they go out of alignment they can be realigned as the seals usually do not go bad. Also i use meguires tire endurance dressing to help it seal along the seal of all the windows door edges ,trunk and sunroof, once done it will improve the less of air whistle"

"It is not very hard to adjust the wiring but if doing this then replace the starter and ground as well to save some headache of splicing .My stereo works much better and plays much louder if i wanted it to. This also helped my seat heater issue of hardly feeling it. once i replaced all the wiring for them and added a really they work amazing now."

1.You mentioned you had yours custome made from brembo blanks. Does this mean you had a shop do this? Or directly from manufacturer or none of the above?

2. So 94 is no longer available as cartridge just buy what I find at auto part shop or for smoothest ride what is forum preferred brand? if any consensus.

3. Window alignment : Do I just find some local shop that offers service...In your part of the country how much would this cost approx?

4.If I read that paragraph correctly it indicates that you changed starter and ground which gave you the ability to have your stereo play "better" and "louder if you wanted it to" Whats the basis?

1.I had a local tool and die maker slot the rotors. It is not an easy or cheap process.

2. KYB's are stock buy them cheap.

3.window alignment is done by a set of adjusting bolts on the window frame by the holder. Take apart the door and play with it to get it right.

4.I have an aftermarket high current stereo .

Okay so KYB will have most similar to stock ride anything you would suggest more a more comfortable ride...Are they the GR2 series? or a different line?

Ive been drivin with my door panel this whole week until regulator comes in...Ill figure out allignment once I get new regulator installed..

I also have a aftermarket stereo ! 600 rms class D and 300 rms 4 channel... but if replacing starter imrpoves voltage level whjiile driving its worth it....found a thread on here about replacing 12 dollar part and 6 dollar part inside instead of replacing whole starter might be a venture for next week

also i figured you had some custom shop do the work on blanks you bought...I just didnt know where to start on determining how I would want them slotted etc...i bought all 4 at once but only ended up replacing front so thats why i was curious on whether you bought blanks and found someone to do some work for you. I was just looking for an idea on how much you spent...anyway thanks for the info...

The starter cranks the engine. The alternator powers the car.

Replace, or add a wire to the battery -> chassie, alternator -> battery, and engine to chassie.

It helps, but doesn't make muhc of a dent if you've got some good audio. Nothing can replace having a larger alt.

the 4runner has a beefy alt (120A) I think. I would love to make that fit in my car. lol...Avalon and LS400 do they use the same one or similar output? Anyone have sucess with a particular alternator. The oem on on a 94 puts out only 80A and I dont know if it would be worth it to try and find some shop to get it rewound for the same price as buying a better one...