Polished And Wax By Hand Help Please.

I finally polished and wax my car for the first time today, and it was a b****, I mean I spent like 4 hours washing, claying, drying, polishing, and waxing, all by hand, I was interested in buying this from pakshak

http://store.pakshak.com/porter-cable-7336.html

but I am afraid, I don't want to damage my paint or my car, any recommendations, any advice, It would be appreciate it, thank you in advance, for your input.

Thats an orbital buffer, they are extremely safe for the finish of the car, in fact pretty much the only way to hurt the paint would be to wail on it using the buffer like a baseball bat.

thank you very much, after 21 views, I was hoping someone was kind enough to answer my noob question, I am not a pro and I just want to find a better and easier way to keep my car clean and shining, is there anything better and safer that anyone would recommend out there? thank you in advance, I will start the counter now and wait until 42 views for an answer.

Art, I can back Steve up 100% on what he said because I learned to buff using a PC. I had never ever used a buffer before this one, and it was so easy to learn. Steve had briefed me on what to do with this machine, so I was buffing as soon as I took the machine out of the box.

I don't think that you'll get much safer than a PC orbital. I would, however, recommend buying a package deal. The one I bought included a small assortment of pads. This is what I bought: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html

Good luck!

:cheers:

thank you very much, after 21 views, I was hoping someone was kind enough to answer my noob question, I am not a pro and I just want to find a better and easier way to keep my car clean and shining, is there anything better and safer that anyone would recommend out there? thank you in advance, I will start the counter now and wait until 42 views for an answer.

There's nothing safer that works. A Cyclo is just as safe and MORE effective than a PC, but they're expensive. The PC is exactly what you're looking for.

There's nothing safer that works. A Cyclo is just as safe and MORE effective than a PC, but they're expensive. The PC is exactly what you're looking for.

thank you very much, you are a ton of help. I appreciate the feedback, I will buy this, now to learn about this plates, pads, etc.

I was thinking about buying a Cyclo. I love my Makita Rotary 9227C for my life but just like to buy a Cyclo and see how it does; faster, better shine etc. For the $259 (minus 10% to this) , why not....

I keep going back-and-forth with this.......Then agian I am buying lawn stuff like mad!

If you know how to use the rotary and have all the proper pads for it, you'll always get better results when correcting defects with the rotary. The Cyclo would be mainly for wax and fine polish applications for you, and if thats the case then you may as well buy a PC and save the cash.

I've considered buying a Cyclo because I don't really need a rotary for paint correction since I only do my own paint and it never requires anything more than minor correction, and the Cyclo has more bite than the PC while not requiring the care or experience the rotary does.

Removing swirls with the PC can be tedious, the Cyclo is better but not as easy as the rotary (for people who know how to use them).