Been Away Awhile... Maybe Getting Another Lexus Ls

90LS400Lexus

Hey guys/gals. Since I sold my 90' LS400, I have not been here much, but that may change. I have been in the market for a brand new car, or slightly used, but I am still unsure. I had narrowed it down between a 06' Hyundai Sonata GL (the 10 year / 100K mile powertrain / 5 year / 60K bumper to bumper warranty and the "free tires for life" had me sold), 06' Toyota Tundra, 07' Toyota Camry LE, or a 06' Buick Lucerne CX. Still unsure, but I have found a couple of used models I am very interested in.... one being another LS400. The other cars are a 2000 Toyota Avalon XLS and a 2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 V8 ext. cab 4WD- which I think I just have to have. :D

Anyway, the LS400 is a 1992 (only two years older than my other LS), but it is much nicer and a nicer color. I am unsure of the miles, but it is stated as "low miles" and "1-owner". The car looks like brand new, garage kept on the outside. I have not looked on the inside, or even the mileage yet. They are asking $5995 for it, but if it is indeed LOW miles, I suppose it is worth it?

I would really like to get a 1993 or newer LS, or better yet - a 1995+, to get the updates, but this 92' LS is so nice.

Well just have to wait to see what happens.

It's hard to say if $6k is fair or not without knowing the mileage or interior condition. ;) All of the other cars on your list are great too. The new Sonata is an excellent little car for the money, and I love the Lucerne--just make sure it has 4 portholes on the side instead of three!!! B) :D

But, I'd say to sit tight and wait for the '93+ LS that you really want....

My experience has been that you can't beat a Lexus. I forgot sometimes how luxurious these cars are until I ride in something else. Can't beat the smooth ride and low maintenance. I do like the "look" of those new Camrys (although I've never rode in one) and, if you're in the mood for a pickup, well I'd definitely go with the Tundra. But if you're going to stay in a car, get the LS!!!