New Gm Powertrain Warranty For 2007

Lexusfreak

From CanadianDriver.com...

September 7, 2006

GM Canada announces new 160,000-km powertrain warranty

Oshawa, Ontario - General Motors of Canada has announced that it is extending powertrain warranty protection to five years or 160,000 kms across its 2007 model year line-up of cars and light-duty trucks. The warranty includes courtesy transportation and roadside assistance, will be fully transferable, and has no deductible. General Motors has similarly updated its powertrain warranty in the U.S. to 100,000 miles.

The expanded powertrain warranty covers all 2007 model year Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saab and Saturn vehicles. The new vehicle limited warranty remains unchanged, at four years/80,000 kms for Buick, Cadillac, Hummer and Saab, and three years/60,000 kms for Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac and Saturn vehicles.

The extended powertrain coverage includes all engine components from the throttle body unit, into the engine, and out to the exhaust manifolds; all automatic transmission/transaxle internally-lubricated components and the torque converter; all manual transmission internally-lubricated components plus defects in the clutch release bearing, pressure plate and flywheel; all transfer case internally-lubricated components and actuators; all final drive internally-lubricated components, and mounts, front actuator, locking hubs and bearings; all drive, propeller and axle shafts; all constant velocity and universal joints; and all front and rear hub bearings.

:cheers:

Although I swore I'd never buy another GM product after the paint failed on the tailgate of my 1990 Chevy S-10 pickup and GM Corporate wouldn't even bother to investigate the validity of my request to simply re-prime and re-paint just the tailgate (great little truck though, with the V6 engine - it did everything I asked it to do for more than ten years), I have to admit that this new GM warranty may very well make me rethink my position when it's time for a new full-size pickup. I may have to consider the Silverado although I continue to like the Ram product line better.

I believe that Chrysler and Ford will have to respond to this action from GM. Chrysler can afford to, but Ford is teetering on the brink and this may be one more major cost increase of doing business that hastens the demise of Ford as we know it....

I swore I'd never buy a GM product after the wood on the door of a 95 STS my dad had fell off when he closed it ;)

At least the door didn't fall off lol. ;)

:cheers:

Thats true, always focus on the positives!