Bg44k For The Carbon Deposit?

coolwater

Most of you must have heard about BG44K. I have searched internet and many people indeed say good things about the product.

I am natually hesistant about pouring additives in the fuel tank, but I wonder:

1. Should I worry about carbon deposit for my 2000 ES300 reaching 90000-mile?

2. If yes, can BG44K be an answer?

Have a good long weekend, guys! :cheers:

Most of you must have heard about BG44K. I have searched internet and many people indeed say good things about the product.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultima...t=002944#000015

I use Fp60 since it does NOT effect oil testing numbers.

My mechanic for my Volvo swears by the BG products. I do most of my own maintenance on all of my vehicles and I use the Lucas fuel injector cleaner every 5K. I use Mobile 1 Oil and the lowest possible octane gas that does not ping in each of my vehicles. Before I retired from the Air Force when I was deployed to other parts of the world, my wife would have the Volvo serviced by the mechanic and he would use the BG products.

From my experiance a fuel injector cleaner is good preventitive maintenance at every oil change. The additives in gasoline will do some good but a higher detergent injecter cleaner will keep me from having the mechanic do the high dollar injecter service or replacment of the injectors.

If you have had to go to a higher octane due to pinging Carbon buildup may be the problem. You can take a look in the cylender with a borescope through the spark plug hole to determine if this an issue. Carbon and gunk can also build up in the intake (some swear by the seafoam through the brake booster to clean this up).

For my ES the BG products are a little on the pricey side. The link by mburnickas will have a plethera of information about oil and additives (very good site, IMO). For me, the Mobile 1 and Lucas Fuel Injecter cleaner complement each other and have worked on my vehicles - the ES and my Harley are the only vehicles I have that have less than 100K on them (the others are a 89 Porsche 944T, 99 F150, & 96 Volvo 850).

Then, how about the Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner sold at Costco? It is much cheaper than BG44K.

The car manuel says do not use any additives so I worry about any possible negative effects.

Nothing to worry about but most adds will show up in oil tests if you do them.

I used Amsoil PI for sometime and it made my oil test (wear numbers) go throught the roof. Used FP, and all gone.