String Of Bad Luck.. First Got Hit In The Back Now Someone Keyed My Ca

hey all,

it looks like i've been having a string of bad luck. my driver's side quarter panel and bumper got hit at the beginning of august and that's going to cost me about $1,500 to fix. and tonight as i was about to go out, i saw that there was a long scratch starting from the rear driver side quarter panel and ending at the front fender.

the scratch is pretty deep it looks. the layer of silver paint is gone and i see what i believe is the white primer. i am livid! what kind of person would go around keying people's cars. so, this is what i want to ask, can that long scratch be touched up or would i have to repaint every panel (quarter, two driver side doors and fender) that was scratched or would i be able to have it touched up. and if i do have it touched up will i still be able to see where the scratch was and where the touch up paint was applied to?

if anyone has had any experience with touching up scratches i would greatly appreciate the input.

thanks.

hey all,

it looks like i've been having a string of bad luck. my driver's side quarter panel and bumper got hit at the beginning of august and that's going to cost me about $1,500 to fix. and tonight as i was about to go out, i saw that there was a long scratch starting from the rear driver side quarter panel and ending at the front fender.

the scratch is pretty deep it looks. the layer of silver paint is gone and i see what i believe is the white primer. i am livid! what kind of person would go around keying people's cars. so, this is what i want to ask, can that long scratch be touched up or would i have to repaint every panel (quarter, two driver side doors and fender) that was scratched or would i be able to have it touched up. and if i do have it touched up will i still be able to see where the scratch was and where the touch up paint was applied to?

if anyone has had any experience with touching up scratches i would greatly appreciate the input.

thanks.

It depends on how deep the scratch is but I think you might have to repaint all the panels if it was down to the primer. I'm no expert so don't quote me but one time I went out to my car it had a few deep scratches on the front passenger door and when I went to see what could be done to remedy it they told me they would have to paint the whole door.

hey all,

thanks.

Sounds like a repaint to me. Sorry to hear about the keying, I would also be pi$$ed off. My old 95 camry got keyed the night of my mothers funeral, I WAS FIT TO BE TIED..... Anyway it sounds like they will have to reshoot the entire side :cries: