Uneven Tire Wear

phildawgca

I just bought my IS300 a couple of months ago with only 3000 miles, the car came with dealer installed L-tuned lowering springs. The inside tread on the front two tires are worn down to the point where the steel belt is visible, one actually blew out on the highway. The dealer said that they re-aligned the vehicle after installing the springs...what can the problem be? What is the solution?

Thanks

There is a tolerance range in the camber spec. I'd have them align it at the end of the spec for the least amount of negative camber. While the springs will cause some excess negative camber, the IS300 has enough alignment range to adjust for that.

I've also read that this inside treadwear is a pretty common problem on IS300. However, 3000 miles is pretty low, so there may be some other suspension problems.

Others have mentioned that they got free replacement tires if the tires wore out prior to 12,000 miles. If the L-tuned suspensio was dealer installed, then they should stand good for that.

There is a copy of the alignment specs at the following link.

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13347925

definatly a camber issue due to a bad alignment

the alignment

should have been done atleast 3 weeks after the car was lowered not right after as the new springs need to be loaded to start to settle

after a good 500 miles they usually don't go any lower

• 10 months later...

another way to check is the alignment was done right is when you drive at 50-60 des your stirring wheel vibrate. and at 80 this is an alignment problem. just 40 bucks i had done and no more vibration. also when you rollings at under 5mph you feel the car shift from left to right :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...