Picking Up New Gx470 Tomorrow

jasp615

Well I did it. I traded in my 05 Escalade for an 06 GX470. I got the truck loaded to the max in Savannah Met/Ivory Interior. I'm a bit nervous about the size but I think once I get use to it I will love it. Now I would like to know if anyone got the paint treated? Did you get paperwork on this? I got the truck treated and it was free along with the chrome tip, and edge glass and parts with vin numbers and tires for life. This was all asked for after we agreed on price which was invoice. Has anyone noticed if the stereo system is any better then the Bose I already have? I believe it's the Mark Levinson system. Also how many keys do you get? Are the remotes seperate or are they on the key itself? Also is there anywhere I can see the different ways I can have the remotes programed? I didn't get XM radio I had it in the Escalade and didn't really use it so I opted not to get this.

Sami

whoah, slow down a bit. First of all, CONGRATS on the purchase of the new GX! :cheers:

To answer a couple of your questions:

I personally havent heard the BOSE system in the Escalade and I PRESUME that it should sound great (I know Bose is really good in sound research for their stereos). The only Bose I didn't appreciate was in a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder. :wacko: You should really appreciate the Mark Levinson Lexus has placed in the GX.

Secondly, the remote is on the key itself. You should get two of those, one key (w/o remote) and a valet key card (a key on a "credit card" ). You can't program the keys to do anything else. Here's one feature though (if your sales guy hasn't told you yet). If you press the unlock button, and hold it down for a few seconds, the windows will roll down. ;) But you can't roll them up using the remote. You have to insert the key in the driver's door key hole, turn it to the lock position (turn left) and hold it there till all the windows go up.

So enjoy your new vehicle! Glad to hear you got the chrome exhaust tip for free. Those things cost like $50. ;)

Thank you for answering my questions. The Saleman called later on and went over a couple of the ways to have my truck programed and did tell me about the option with pressing and holding the unlock button down for 2 seconds to have all the windows and sunroof open. It's funny.....on the Cadillac you can program all of these things right in the truck itself and you don't have to have the techs do it. I can change all of the things like how long the lights stay on after leaving the truck, when the doors lock with speed or out of park, weather you want the side view mirrors to change when backing up along with a few other things. It's funny that Lexus doesn't do this. I'm hoping the saleman will also explain how to use bluetooth with the truck. I'm preplexed with that issue. Some say it will work some say it won't, I do have a phone that is listed on the lexus site as being one of the ones that will work but I am with Verizon so we will see. Again Thank you.

Sami

Thank you for answering my questions. The Saleman called later on and went over a couple of the ways to have my truck programed and did tell me about the option with pressing and holding the unlock button down for 2 seconds to have all the windows and sunroof open. It's funny.....on the Cadillac you can program all of these things right in the truck itself and you don't have to have the techs do it. I can change all of the things like how long the lights stay on after leaving the truck, when the doors lock with speed or out of park, weather you want the side view mirrors to change when backing up along with a few other things. It's funny that Lexus doesn't do this. I'm hoping the saleman will also explain how to use bluetooth with the truck. I'm preplexed with that issue. Some say it will work some say it won't, I do have a phone that is listed on the lexus site as being one of the ones that will work but I am with Verizon so we will see. Again Thank you.

Sami

Sami, You can have many of the "options" you list programmed by the dealer. I'm not sure why they don't let us do it, but they call it Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS). As far as the phone goes...there are many posts hear on how to...The first step is to get the car and phone to recognize each other (this is a one time event because it will remember). The most difficult thing to do is transfer your phone book (I still have not done this as I have Verizon as well). My phone is on I start the car it says bluetooth recognotion successful and off you go. Incoming calls "take over" the nav screen and pause music. Piece of cake!

Sami, You can have many of the "options" you list programmed by the dealer. I'm not sure why they don't let us do it, but they call it Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS). As far as the phone goes...there are many posts hear on how to...The first step is to get the car and phone to recognize each other (this is a one time event because it will remember). The most difficult thing to do is transfer your phone book (I still have not done this as I have Verizon as well). My phone is on I start the car it says bluetooth recognotion successful and off you go. Incoming calls "take over" the nav screen and pause music. Piece of cake!

Ok so it seems easy enough. So there is no ringing it will just take over the nav screen and the music mutes? I can deal with that. What will come on the Nav screen? I have also had the dealer do the settings so I guess that will handle that. Now as for backing up, is there a way that the outside mirrors will not turn down. I hated that in the Cadillac but I was able to change that setting.

Sami

The GX comes with a free 5000 miles schedule maintence, at that time, the Lexus Personalized Settings can be change for free. The side mirror tilting in reverse can be disable by putting the switch in the middle.

There is nothing to be nervous about the size of the GX, it is smaller than the Escalade and it drives smaller too.

I got paint protection from the dealer as well, its nothing more than a expensive paint job. After a year, the teflon coating is still working, no need to wax so far.

I had a Bose system on my MDX, the Mark Levinson is way better than Bose. I can truely say that the Mark Levinson system is one of the best OEM system I have ever heard.

The remote fob programing is on the Lexus site itself. I think the only things on the fob that can be program is the window open function and the one push to open driver door and two push to open all door function.

Good Luck, it will be safe to say you wouldnt be getting any sleep tonight.

I had afew Bose systems in GM cars...in a 1994 Corvette, a 1999 Corvette, a 2003 Chev Silverado, and a 2004 Cadillac CTS. The Mark Levinson system in my Lexus puts those to shame. MUCH better.

Ok first things first. The ML system blows the Bose system in my Escalade away. This thing rocks and with me I like to drive with the radio up. This thing rocks!

The storage in the GX, well there isn't any. The Escalade had tons of storage so that will be something to get use to. For me the other biggy is I feel like I'm sitting so much lower. I'm sure I will get use to that in time. The truck drives very smooth also. The brakes on this truck seem to be very touchy another thing to get use too...LOL... I have a heavy foot from driving large trucks it took more pressure to stop the other trucks. I'm still finding my way so once I have had it a bit I will post more.

Thanks to everyone for making things a lot more clear on what to expect with this new truck. Now does anyone know this? If a call comes in when your in the truck and you want to switch it over to the phone when leaving the truck how do you do that? If you turn the truck off while on the phone will it automatic switch to the phone?

Sami

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I recently traded my ESV 05 Platinum in and purchased

2003 GX470. I purchased ESV 6 months ago as pre-owned

and I drove 10,000mi. The reason I decided to change vehicle

was that the value of Escalade have fallen unbelieveblly fast.

I paid $47K for 2005 ESV Platinum 6 months ago and the trade

in value was $31K only!!!! I was so shocked by that fact....

I still believe that I made a right decision to get GX470 even

though it is pre-owned 2003 with 51K mi. Mark Levinson

is better than ESV's BOSE. Although I have no more luggage space

with GX470 but this vehicle is really really nice after the current problem

of "Clunk" which everybody is aware of has been fixed. I enjoy GX470's

very smooth and quiet ride.

Lexus is far better than any GM's vehicle and GX470 is much better

than Escalade. I have driven Lincoln Navigator, Escalade and Escalade

ESV and none of them really satisfied me like Lexus. Enjoy!

Hi! I recently traded my ESV 05 Platinum in and purchased

2003 GX470. I purchased ESV 6 months ago as pre-owned

and I drove 10,000mi. The reason I decided to change vehicle

was that the value of Escalade have fallen unbelieveblly fast.

I paid $47K for 2005 ESV Platinum 6 months ago and the trade

in value was $31K only!!!! I was so shocked by that fact....

I still believe that I made a right decision to get GX470 even

though it is pre-owned 2003 with 51K mi. Mark Levinson

is better than ESV's BOSE. Although I have no more luggage space

with GX470 but this vehicle is really really nice after the current problem

of "Clunk" which everybody is aware of has been fixed. I enjoy GX470's

very smooth and quiet ride.

Lexus is far better than any GM's vehicle and GX470 is much better

than Escalade. I have driven Lincoln Navigator, Escalade and Escalade

ESV and none of them really satisfied me like Lexus. Enjoy!

I so agree with you. I have had my new GX 470 now since Aug 29th and I'm loving it. I had to get use to sitting lower and the space but once I did that I'm not looking back. The truck rides like a dream and as for having everything you could ever need....well the truck has that also.

I'm now not sorry at all for getting rid of my 05 Escalade. I did take a large hit on this since I bought the truck new and only had it a year, but I think it was worth it. I don't think I will ever go back to American made trucks.

Enjoy your truck I know we are.

Sami