Braided Brake Lines

I don't have performance rotors or pads on my SC or anything, but I'm seriously considering changing my brake lines (the rubber ones hooking right up to the brake pistons) to the braided metal kind in an effort to give my brakes more responsiveness.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who can't stand the mushiness of the SC anti-lock brakes. My brother's Honda Civic stops with more accuracy and surefootedness than this log-on-wheels of a luxury-performance car. I know the luxury tuning of the ABS has a lot to do with the mushy feel of the brake pedal. The ABS in my brother's Civic is so sport-tuned that you'd almost swear the car didn't even have ABS. But I was hoping to be able to stiffen up that feel just a little bit by switching to a braided metal brake line (which won't expand upon braking).

Has anybody who's made this mod experienced any difference in braking responsiveness?

I have them in 2 of my cars and love them to death.

With a good flush it will brake on a dime.

Good to hear. I'm making the switch then. Because a couple of months ago I changed out my pads & rotors all the way around plus did a brake fluid flush and the brake pedal was just as mushy as always - even after the new pads got seated to the rotors. So I'm looking forward to trying the braided brake lines (along with another flush)

Thanks.

I have them in 2 of my cars and love them to death.

With a good flush it will brake on a dime.

Good to hear. I'm making the switch then. Because a couple of months ago I changed out my pads & rotors all the way around plus did a brake fluid flush and the brake pedal was just as mushy as always - even after the new pads got seated to the rotors. So I'm looking forward to trying the braided brake lines (along with another flush)

Thanks.

I'd like to know where you got them and how much... also the fit...

Thanks ahead of time.