To New Gs 300 Owners

rhokoo4

I just checked Lexus website and was surprised, nervous, and angry...Because GS 350 has much much more power and next gen dvd nav. with the same price....

I cannot understand why Lexus made GS300 AWD...

New engine and almost 60 more horse power are big big different...

2006 GS 300 owners will be really screwed with resell value because nobody wants to buy gs 300...

I think Lexus is making a big mistake...

I have 2006 GS 300 AWD and now I felt being fooled by Lexus....

How are you guys thinking about this???

Like I already said to someone else, time marches ever forward. The ES330 came out just a few months after I got my ES300 with a few nice improvements and better power, and it went DOWN $2,000 in price. Thats how it works. I whined for a minute and moved on.

There's always going to be something newer and better than what you buy coming out right around the corner. Thats the nature of life, you can't fault Lexus for steadily improving their product, the competition does. What about computers? Cell phones? Theatre equipment? Whatever you buy nowadays is yesterdays news in a month, let alone a year.

As for resale, it won't make that much difference. The majority of GS300 buyers aren't overly concerned with power or they would have bought the GS430, theres no styling changes or anything like that, nobody cares. You don't become the best selling luxury marque in the US in only 17 years by making "big mistakes". Bringing the 3.5liter engine out before it was ready would have been the big mistake. Lexus knows what they're doing.

yes, even though you have to accept it like he says, its still a pain to see. lexus is lowering the price in all of their cars, i think even a little on the IS, though i dont quite remember the price of last years. i think they want to better compete.

like i said in another post, the rx350 is actually cheaper than the rx330, for reasons i dont know. All i know is the the Q7 came out and its cheaper than what the rx was. Competition and they probably created a more efficient way for building the cars. Rx now built in canada.

Where is Lexus lowering their prices on their cars? Lexus prices almost always go up a little every year. The new IS is MUCH more expensive than the old one, $5-$12,000 more expensive depending on trim. The new ES is $4-$8k more. The new LS is going to be $5-$10k more.

As for the RX, the SUV market isn't what it used to be and the field is more crowded than ever. The RX is Lexus bread and butter, gotta keep the sales up there.

Remember Lexus outsells everybody, its everybody else that needs to better compete with them.

Where is Lexus lowering their prices on their cars? Lexus prices almost always go up a little every year. The new IS is MUCH more expensive than the old one, $5-$12,000 more expensive depending on trim. The new ES is $4-$8k more. The new LS is going to be $5-$10k more.

As for the RX, the SUV market isn't what it used to be and the field is more crowded than ever. The RX is Lexus bread and butter, gotta keep the sales up there.

Remember Lexus outsells everybody, its everybody else that needs to better compete with them.

Very true. the prices have gone up. I have checked lexus.com and the most basic GX costs $49k (3rd seat only). Back then, it was only $47k. Now the most loaded GX is around $58 or $59 when back in 03 it was around $53k.

But hey, let's not let the newer vehicles spoil our Lexus experience. Just enjoy it, and pretend there isnt any better one than yours. It's like looking at new Plasma TVs. Yes the 55" plasmas look REALLLY nice, but the price is also nice. :wacko: Settle for, maybe a 42" or 50", install it at home, and you wouldn't notice the difference because you wouldn't be seeing the 55" or 60" tvs next to yours. ;) Same with cars. If you have a GS300 and now there's a GS350, can you really tell the difference? Unless you go out and buy a GS350 to add to your GS300, you don't really know what you're missing! :)

I just checked Lexus website and was surprised, nervous, and angry...Because GS 350 has much much more power and next gen dvd nav. with the same price....

2006 GS 300 owners will be really screwed with resell value because nobody wants to buy gs 300...

When the current gen GS came to market, I called it back then that the 3 L V6 would be short lived & also knew that there would be the 3.5L V6 due very soon (some did not take it seriously if memory serves).

Good news is, say in 2011 or there abouts (depending on how reliable the GS turns out to be), I just might be back in the Lexus fold with a 2007 GS 350 AWD! :D B)

:cheers:

I felt the same way back in late 2001 when I purchased a Nissan Maxima SE, fully loaded........6 weeks later, the 2002 model came out with much improved headlights, lower body skirt moldings, better seats and THE 3.5 LITER BURN DOWN THE BARN V6 :chairshot:

Ticked me off something fearce! But, I still enjoyed the 01', especially when I handed it back in and drove off in my LS ;)

I felt the same way back in late 2001 when I purchased a Nissan Maxima SE, fully loaded........6 weeks later, the 2002 model came out with much improved headlights, lower body skirt moldings, better seats and THE 3.5 LITER BURN DOWN THE BARN V6 :chairshot:

Ticked me off something fearce! But, I still enjoyed the 01', especially when I handed it back in and drove off in my LS ;)

Not to worry nc......I owned an 01 Max SE as well.......the 2002 had WAY to much torque steer. ;)

But in all fairness, a little web research would have told you about the Maxima changes coming out, as it would have about the GS350.

Exactly.......I bought the 2001 Max knowing the changes for 2002. ;)

But in all fairness, a little web research would have told you about the Maxima changes coming out, as it would have about the GS350.

Exactly.......I bought the 2001 Max knowing the changes for 2002. ;)

Yes, well life was a just a weeee-bit different for me back in those days, down in B'ham Alabama. It was still a fun car though, handled like a true sports car, that's for sure. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2002-2003 Maxima gle these days at all.