Book About The Lexus Marque

Buford

Hey...

I just ordered the book The Lexus Story: The Behind the Scenes Story of the #1 Automotive Luxury Brand in America. What do you all think about it?

Of course, I probably should have asked this before ordering it, but it didn't seem too expensive.

I have "The Lexus Story"; don't know if we're talking about the same one. It's got the "coach" etc. dark metal "L" on the front black leather cover. Got it on ebay a few months ago for like 30 bucks.

Nice stories in it, telling how Lexus came to be etc. I read 2 personal stories i remember; one of a lady who promised her grandson her SC when he became age (thinking it wouldn't be running by that time) but it still was!...Another story of woman who got into an accident with her Rx300 & survived, so she bought another one.

I have "The Lexus Story"; don't know if we're talking about the same one.

That is the same book. Black cover, leather bound. Glad to hear that you like it. Every now and then you run across a car book that is less than you had hoped.

There is a second one that I may pick up later called Lexus: The Relentless Pursuit.

yes, you can buy both on amazon together for 50 dollars

I noticed that. But, oddly enough that doesn't save you any money. Individually, one costs $31.50 and the other costs $19.01. Maybe the $50.51 deal includes shipping? I'm not sure.

That's probably why I just ordered the one book for now. Amazon.com is like crack for me. :P

So it just saves you the shipping on the $19.01 book (which is less than four bucks).

I'll take the hit. :chairshot:

There's another book titled The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles From The World's Greatest Manufacturer that I might also order. It probably doesn't offer much for a car enthusiast, but might be interesting all the same.