Any Last Second Advice On A Slighty Used Ls430 Purchase

gwshark

Yes I'm a newbie... but I'm smart enough to track down the best Lexus resource on the net so give me a little credit! :)

I put down a good faith deposit tuesday on a 2006 LS 430 with 11K miles on it. I am slated to pick it up tonight.

Any advice on things I need to be sure to ask the dealership before sign on the dotted line? (I've read through tons of threads on here last night and today)

This is actually only my 3rd car purchase ever (first lexus) so I want to be sure I don't miss anything.

I'm confident I secured a decent price... so I'm concerned about the little things they may fail to mention.

1. I noticed that there were not any floormats (which is common for cars on the lot) but I need to make sure I get those.

2. Make sure I get an owners manual.

3. Security code for nav system if previous owner entered something other than last 4 digits of vin

4. Can I expect more than one smart key?

5. ?????

Anything you feel like offering I'd appreciate... thanks!

...yeah I have a little advice.... ask SWO3ES where you can pick him up for a test drive, so he will FINALLY go buy one for himself!! He's in your neck of the woods!!! Hahahahaha....

Honestly though, you're pretty much covered with your purchase. With that kind of miles, and year, there really can't be much to worry about, other than the payment of course! Hahahaha...

It is my understanding you can have the computer altered to turn on and off features to your liking. Maybe ask about that if you like.

Oh, and we like pictures...especially ones of 06' LS430's!

gw:

1. I noticed that there were not any floormats (which is common for cars on the lot) but I need to make sure I get those.

If you're buying it from a dealer & he won't throw in a new set of four genuine mats for free, I'd tell him I'm walking.........................Just to watch him wet himself..........

so true, if you ask him that question try to get it on tape :lol:. no im just kidding but on an 06 LS im kinda wondering why there wouldnt be mats. basically you should be expecting them to come with the car and the dealer should offer them to you.

Thanks for your help...:cheers: I see now that most of my worries were for not. The little tricks you have to worry about at typical used car lot didn't seem to apply. Mats... 3 keys... all sorts of books and manuals etc.

Check her out!!!

ls11.jpg

ls22.jpg

ls33.jpg

ls44.jpg

ls55.jpg

ls66.jpg

ls77.jpg

I wonder if this is the last time Mrs. Sharks lets Mr. Sharks grip the wood grain? LOL

ls88.jpg

...yeah I have a little advice.... ask SWO3ES where you can pick him up for a test drive, so he will FINALLY go buy one for himself!! He's in your neck of the woods!!! Hahahahaha....

HAHAHAHAHA!

Thats EXACTLY the LS I'd want too. How do you like it gws?

Lindsay is a good dealer, thats where my dad bought his 98, he bought his 04 in Annapolis where I bought mine.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?

Breath Steve....breath!!! :lol:

Oh man, I smell "stalker incident" in the DC 'burbs. HAHAHAHA...

GWShark, that is slick man!! Too bad your wife isn't like mine when it comes to cars. She thinks a Honda Accord is too big to drive, so my car is definetly safe from the mall parking lot bandits. I keep telling her "size doesn't matter", but luckily for me, she doesn't listen....on two accounts... :whistles:

Nice car! You'll have many many years and miles of joy with it!

Curious: I wonder how many divorce settlements have been drawn-out due to fighting over the LS?? Probably a lot.