'96 Ls400 With Badly Oxidated Wheels

The are the stock rims on my 96 and I don't know if they are machined or clear coat but they have a white haze covering all four. How can I get this out. Is there something I could pick up from Pepboys or Autozone? Also where is the best place to find a center cap?

Looks like they WERE coated. The outside lip stipp has the shinny coat on it but the face of the rim is starting to get light in color and there is no sign of coating. The rim is lighter than the center caps. Ther are also some spots with dark areas that looks like carbon build up. I'll try to post pics in the am.

More than likely the clear on the wheels has failed. You can get them looking better with some abrasive polish, but they'll have to be stripped and refinished.

Well I just try to put a little crome polish on one of the badly stained rims to see if any black stuff would come off and it didn't. The polish stayed the same color whick leads me to believe it's polished.

The wheels are painted, metal polish won't react to them. In fact you don't want to use metal polish on them because you'll damage the paint.

You could try some Meguiars Scratch X or something like that, but I'd just look for new wheels personally. Check out www.aaarims.com, they'll sell you refinished factory wheels and take yours on trade.