Lexus Of Rockville

lexus082

I'm not some guy making 100,000 a year or anything and absolutely expect that every expectation of mine is met in. But Lexus of rockville, md is doesn't make the "personal" one on one effort to keep their customers happy. A majority of the people that own the newest Lexus model don't care about the $50 oil changes/ $100 for synthetic. Or that the repair bill is $1700 ok well here's my visa card :) . But for the people like myself that work hard for the moderate amount of money they make can't afford a technician to tell them that they need to buy $1200 in parts and $1800 in labor + $300 to diagnose that they need to replace the main cowl wire harness, integration relay, and junction block #1 to fix the problem. And guess what... while the Lexus trained technician was busy at work and told me all those things needed to be replaced with new parts I discovered the problem myself!. I even had a few beers trying to find the problem and sure enough I did. It was very simple and it makes me sick to my stomach that the Lexus of Rockville dealer was going to charge me $3000 to fix this problem.. I found my problem to be a dirt/loose fuse connection. That was it, nothing else. I used some aluminum foil to fill in the space and make that fuse a tight fight again and no more problem. But to imagine that the Lexus Technician could not figure that out... Not to be big headed or anything but that *BLEEP*es me off that he spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong... which of course cost me 100/hr. All he had to do was make sure there was voltage going through the fuse??? Even I figured that out...come on now. I wish these US dealerships were under complete Japanese control. I think customer satisfaction would increase greatly. Thats just my opinion though...

Then I had another electrical problem (this is right after I purchased the car (not from a a lexus dealer)).

My parking light and side markers were INOP. So, they spent a few hours trying to diagnose that and I guess they finally figured it out after $300 in labor charged but... The tech. said now this may fix it but it may not work. Well sure enough after I paid my $300+ bill my side marker lights worked for a week or so and then magically the stopped working. $300 down the drain. I should of just wired them up myself with a relay. But that sounds like something a buddy of mine wouls say when he doesn't know what he's doing. This may work it may not work... As a customer who's paying $300 at this point I'm like uhhh. ok well you better hope it "works" . What kind of factory trained technician would call the customer back into the Lexus shop explain everything and then say this may or may not work, but either way were still going to charge you $300+. I just found that very unprofessional. My local toyota dealership would have handled everything a whole lot better..

Then one day I call up for an alternator 120 amp and the guy is like yeah we have one in stock. So I"m on the way to pick it up and I get there and he's like well the computer is showing one in stock, but I can't find it. I just drove 30 miles one way expecting it to be in stock through I-270 rush hour traffic and somehow its not physically in their inventory. I had called off late to work stating I would have my car back together by a certain time and everything. Oh...its in the computer but its not on the shelf.

As you may be able to tell I dislike the Lexus of Rockville dealership. I'm a pretty fair person and still I feel they are a terrible dealership. I had the up-most confidence going to the Lexus dealer to have my "Lexus " serviced and they screwed up.

Maybe its just electrical problems but let it be know that I warn you when going to the Lexus of Rockville dealer. I regreat the fact that I had to post this but it is the truth. Also, side marker lights and parking lights don't work now (still) but luckily when I first purchase the car and had to have it inspected the lights didnt work but after lexus serviced the car atleast I was able to pass the state inspection before their temp. fix failed. Also they have a very high mark-up on parts. But I guess thats within their rights. Other than whats within their rights I think they suck.. Can't think of anything else to complain about at this moment. Oh wait...I just remembered....

I was having the brakes inspected... tech stated front and rear brakes missing shim kit. So I bought front and rear shim kits. I had them service the brakes. Later on... when I looked at the brakes the front shim kit was installed, but the rear shim kit that I had purchased was missing. It wasn't in my car, it wasn;t in between my pads and the caliper... where did it go?? It was in my trunk when I arrived at the dealer. I ordered it from California just to get a cheaper price and then when I go to lexus of rockville it "walks off"

I have nothing good to say about the lexus dealer in rockville and I don't know how they received the "elite" award from Lexus Corp. Terrible service experiences...:chairshot:

Sorry about your experience, On the west coast I have experienced the same crap at Lexus of Roseville. Must be something with the R in the city name.

Really? I'm surprised. I use Lexus of Rockville all the time and get the best service, I'm 100% thrilled. They are without a doubt the best dealer in the area as far as service goes. They also consistently rank in the top 10 rated Lexus dealerships nationwide.

The service is expensive yes as are the parts, if you don't want to pay for it don't have it maintained and repaired at the dealer. They give you the prices upfront, with an older car you really should be looking towards less expensive alternatives. I provide my own synthetic oil and parts where I can to save money, and nobody has any problems with it.

The service writer there I use is Tony Rappatoni, tell him Steve Withrow referred you. The service manager there (I forget his name) is also very helpful and has literally driven my car around before trying to make sure I was accurately describing noises etc. If you talk to him he will make it right.

I assure you, I am VERY difficult to please (I'm one of those over $100k earners that demands excellent service, I don't see anything wrong with that when paying $100 an hour though) and Rockville is the only dealership in Washington that I havent wound up having a screaming match with the service manager at. I sat down with Tony and with the service manager and told them why I was so dissapointed in the other dealers (I had my car damaged on several occasions, I always turn down the wash and could never get them to do it, I've had dealers take 4 days to change oil, I've had 70 miles put on my car at dealers) and what I was looking for, promised them they'd earn my service and sales business for life if they could treat me right. They said they would try their best, and have never let me down.

Rockville is a very good dealer, just give them a chance. You also have to remember that Lexus techs mainly do TSIB repairs and spec warranty issues, they don't see many old Lexus models or do investigative mechanic work like you're looking for because of what they charge. Literally, your SC is probably the oldest car any of them have ever worked on, and has issues they're just not familliar with diagnosing. I think you'll be better off with an independent shop.

I love the dealer for oil changes and scheduled maintenance, brakes, warranty work etc with the free loaners and the frills, but they wouldn't be my first choice to diagnose a voltage issue if you know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, recently I received a call from the Dealer (I believe) wanting me to complete a survey about my experience with that dealership. I told the guy how they mis-diagnosed my electrical problem. The one with the "dirty/loose" fuse connection, which the dealer told me would require $3000 to fix. Its pretty much the same situation as if your car didn't start. Dealer would say you have to replace the battery, alternator, starter, battery cables, etc. Then your problem should go away since we are going to replace ever component that could have an impact on it not starting. So I told the guy that they told me I needed $1500 in parts and it would cost another $1500 in labor for the repair. So I purchased my (non returnable electrical parts from a cheaper online dealer to save money). I later then found out on my own that it was a loose/dirty fuse connection and boy was I *BLEEP*ed at the dealer. If I would of paid all that money...well you all know how that would feel. So I had this guy call and I told him everything I just talked about and he's like well would you like to be compensated for this? And I was like well yeah since I have over $1000 in Lexus parts I dont need and cannot return since their electrical parts. Then the guy said he would have someone call me to arrange sometime. But nobody ever called back and if they did call they never left a message. So the parts are still sitting in the box. A +$500 wire harness is still brand new in the original plastic bag, a new juction box (#1 junction/fuse box), and an integration ecu.