Installing New Cluster Into 92 Es300

roachboy

My 92 es300 recently had a couple of bulbs go out and the speedometer needle LED died. I tried to switch the Speed LED with the RPM LED how the rpm isnt very important on an automatic car. After I switched them the RPM needle worked fine but the Speed needle was jerky in its movement and then stopped working. I tried switching them back but then they both stopped working (in terms of movement). Any one know why this could of occured.

Also I found a new cluster for a pretty cheap price that has 207K miles on it. Owner said all the bulbs and Needle lights work. I was wondering if I install this cluster what should I do about the mile discrepancy (my es has 140k on it) Do I document it in picture form of talk to the DMV about it? any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Your going to have to remove the top board from behind the cluster and swap it with yours so u can have the accurate miles.

Cool. Do you mean this circuit board under neath the white plastic backing as the "top board" Pretty certain this is what you mean but just want a confirmation if possible. Thanks a lot.

post-28092-1155535597_thumb.jpg

Your going to have to remove the top board from behind the cluster and swap it with yours so u can have the accurate miles.

Cool. Do you mean this circuit board under neath the white plastic backing as the "top board" Pretty certain this is what you mean but just want a confirmation if possible. Thanks a lot.

post-28092-1155535597_thumb.jpg

Exactly pull that off very carefully and put it in the other cluster and its your current mileage

ok I tried to install the new cluster with my old board and it seems that none of the needles want to work when I do that. So I decided to try the new cluster with its own board (the actual difference in miles is 190k [mine] and 207k [new one] so only 17k not that big a deal) the rpm and temp gauges seem to work fine but the Speedometer needle is set at way below 0 mph and it goes up to 0-5 mph at what I would assume to be 25-30 mph in reality. Also the gas needle went way below E after powering my Lexus up. Just want to know if I sent the cluster into lextech or someplace like that if they could calibrate it right. Cause the last time I tried to mess around with the needles I screwed it up. Thanks.

My 92 es300 recently had a couple of bulbs go out and the speedometer needle LED died. I tried to switch the Speed LED with the RPM LED how the rpm isnt very important on an automatic car. After I switched them the RPM needle worked fine but the Speed needle was jerky in its movement and then stopped working. I tried switching them back but then they both stopped working (in terms of movement). Any one know why this could of occured.

Also I found a new cluster for a pretty cheap price that has 207K miles on it. Owner said all the bulbs and Needle lights work. I was wondering if I install this cluster what should I do about the mile discrepancy (my es has 140k on it) Do I document it in picture form of talk to the DMV about it? any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Where'd you find your cluster?? I've been looking for awhile with no luck