Rearview Mirror

Could be fuse, the mirror itself, key unlock warning switch, or wiring harness itself. That's what it says in the repair manual.

The manual says to pry open the top cover of the mirror with screwdriver (it's a small rectangle panel on the roof of the interior, it's not the mirror but it's the thing where the wire goes from the mirror to the panel). The panel should then have 4 terminals (square slots). It says to put positive (+) lead from battery (you're car battery, or any other 12V battery) to terminal 1 (that's the left most terminal. The negative (-) goes to the middle left terminal.

Then you "Press the mirror switch and check if the mirrors surface repeatedly becomes 'bright' and 'dark'. If operation is not as specified, replace the liquid crystal inner mirror".

On my mirror it operates normally when cold, but when it gets hot, it will "creep" to night, one side at a time. Like half of it will be day, and half night. The hotter it gets the larger percentage is night. If I hit the button, the portion that is day will operate normally, but the other half is stuck in night, until it cools down. Does anyone else have this problem? because I considered buying a used mirror off ebay, but figured they all had this problem, or is it just me? Thanks.

When you turn off the car does it still have night mode? If so the mirror is probably faulty. You can double check by taking out the "DOME" fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment and see if the mirror goes back to normal.

the problem is the lcd behind the semi reflective mirror is heating up far beyond its specified value

the side that would be darker obviously is getting more heat or sun

it need to be cooled down

or a thicker strip of tint may need to be applie to the upper part of the winsheild above the behind the mirror

if it stay black it may be because the lcd panel has craked and now cannot change with a different voltage applied to it anymore