Avalon Dual Piston Front Calipers

Last weekend I was doing my dads breaks on his 97 Avalon and noticed that he has nice dual piston calipers in the front.

I was wondering if anyone here had thought about, or attempted to see if these calipers would fit an ES of around the same year (98-00).

I know that I would have to change the caliper bracket and hardware but I didn’t want to attempt it without asking if someone might have tried this before and succeeded failed.

Thanks, and if no one has tried, and if I have enough time, I

might just try it soon.

Huh.... My 98 has single piston calipers front and rear and to be honest I can assure you that they are original.

This is weird. I wonder why I have single piston calipers??????

As a matter of fact, the 97 service manual shows a single piston caliper throughout every picture and never mentions a dual piston caliper.

Huh.... My 98 has single piston calipers front and rear and to be honest I can assure you that they are original.

As a matter of fact, the 97 service manual shows a single piston caliper throughout every picture and never mentions a dual piston caliper.

i have single also.

but my taco has 4 piston in the front.

i have single also.

but my taco has 4 piston in the front.

It is good to know that I am not the only one with a 97-2001 es that has single piston calipers.

Thanks everybody for the posts so far.