Is The Is 250 Powerful Enough With Stick

I just took a IS250 AWD for a spin today...my boss has one as a loaner for his GX. Well I have to admit I was real impressed with the car. The car has plenty of pep...it was not quite as quick as I expected...but overall I was real impressed with it. And compared to driving my RX330 it was like being in a jet! I love the keyless entry and start/stop option. If I was in the market for a sports car I think that I would look at the 350...but then again I love the feel of AWD...I think either of these cars would make you happy!!! :D :lol: :D

I was contemplating between the is250 manual and is350 auto....hands down, get the is350. This is what sealed the deal. I was in the middle lane and the salesman wanted me to merge onto the slower lane to get on the freeway which was coming up around 300 ft. I was in 4th gear going about 45mph and I dropped it into third to pass the car that was next to me. by the time I passed him, it was too late. My 95 non vtec integra with jackson racing supercharger is quicker than the is250. BTW....I have been a Diehard stick fan for 20 years and so far I have been very impressed on how the is350 drives and like Roadwire said, if you need to shift, just use the paddles or shifter to downshift or upshift. Yes, I do miss the stick, but driving and owning the is350 more than compensates. Just my 2 cents

I've had an IS250 6 speed manual for two months. While it's no rocket sled, the performance is OK. I've never had an automatic transmission car in 40+ years and have no plans to buy in the future. Although I am looking forward to seeing the IS-F when it hits the local dealer...