Rock Chip Repair On The Front Glass Shield

Hello Lexus Owner,

We have Lexus ES330, recently one rock chip flew to the front glass shield and chipped it. Should we need to change the whole window or to repair that part? Any advice is appreciated.

Kimberly

Ok, gonna look very dumb here, but what is the front glass shield?

Mike, that would be the windshield.

kimberly,

It depends on how bad and how big the chip is.

Call you dealership and see who they outsource their glass replacement, too. Then call them directly.

Have them assess the chip. Some chips can be filled, but if the shop is not that good, then you have a sealed eyesore on your hands. In my case, I had a very small chip but it went all the way through. They replaced the entire windshield.

Check with you insurance company too, alot of times this is covered for safety reasons.

steviej

Check with you insurance company too, alot of times this is covered for safety reasons.

steviej

Exactly!

Most companies will waive your deductible if you have one if it can be repaired. If it has to be replaced you will have to pay your comprehensive deductible. Get it repaired if it can be before it spreads! Good luck! :D

Thank you all for your advice. I did call the insurance company, they told me if it is repairable and not in the driver's vision, they will cover the repair cost. We will start the repair work.

Thanks,

Kimberly

Ok, gonna look very dumb here, but what is the front glass shield?

kimberly,

It depends on how bad and how big the chip is.

Call you dealership and see who they outsource their glass replacement, too. Then call them directly.

Have them assess the chip. Some chips can be filled, but if the shop is not that good, then you have a sealed eyesore on your hands. In my case, I had a very small chip but it went all the way through. They replaced the entire windshield.

steviej

Thank you all for your advice. I did call the insurance company, they told me if it is repairable and not in the driver's vision, they will cover the repair cost. We will start the repair work.

Same here in MA

thanks..I have never here a whind shield called that..Learn something new everyday