How Often To Wax Or Not To Wax

I was wondering, if I just recently got my car waxed, how soon should I wax it again, also if I don't need to wax, what is recommended to keep it clean, just a car wash, car wash and claying, polishing,klasse, I am confused, what do you guys recommend, my car collects a lot of california dust. please help. TIA.

I was wondering, if I just recently got my car waxed, how soon should I wax it again, also if I don't need to wax, what is recommended to keep it clean, just a car wash, car wash and claying, polishing,klasse, I am confused, what do you guys recommend, my car collects a lot of california dust. please help. TIA.

Depends. More layer are better. I would re-apply complete detail every 3 to 4 months (max). This is the pitfall of a Wax. They do not last that long. A sealant will last longer. But, both have different shines.

I would use Optimum No rinse to wash. I would QD (quick detail) the car every other day (5 to 10 minutes) with some like FK425, Chemical Guys Pro Detailer, Poorboys Spray & Wipe etc..

Clay could be Magic Clay etc. Klasse is a brand not really a process. I would do a search on here or http://autopia.org

I don'd suggest claying between waxings as a method of keeping the car clean.

Clay removes wax

thank you, I was a little confused, I was told that before I wax again, I had to make sure I clayed the car, but I didn't know when to wax again, the car looks like it could use a wax again, do I need to clay the car before waxing? also if I don't need to wax, just wash and keep it up with poor boy's spray and wipe? thank you for all your answers so far.

thank you, I was a little confused, I was told that before I wax again, I had to make sure I clayed the car, but I didn't know when to wax again, the car looks like it could use a wax again, do I need to clay the car before waxing? also if I don't need to wax, just wash and keep it up with poor boy's spray and wipe? thank you for all your answers so far.

No, you do not need to clay the car every time you wax. See how bad the surface is.

I do a QD everyother day; on my car using JW AG and my wifes car get CG PD.

No, you do not need to clay the car every time you wax. See how bad the surface is.

I do a QD everyother day; on my car using JW AG and my wifes car get CG PD.

thank you, it's poor boy's spray and wipe consider a QD, so that I may use that every other day? thank you in advance.

The PB product is close enough to a QD.

PERSONALLY I wouldn't QD a black car after driving it, I think you're just asking for marring. I'd wash it every week and make do with it in between washings.

The PB product is close enough to a QD.

PERSONALLY I wouldn't QD a black car after driving it, I think you're just asking for marring. I'd wash it every week and make do with it in between washings.

I agree but I do use JW AG now and it leaves no marring etc. The longest I have gone is 6 days, 5 days of rain, 185 miles...10 minutes and back to shine etc. Talking with Jeff, you let the towel (MF) own weight to clean. If the user pushes on the MF, you might marr/scrath surface. So far, works pretty good.

That reminds me, have to do it tonight. Been 212 miles (90+ temps) (gone to Hartford 3 times for work). I can take pix?

I like ONR but it takes too long (60& longer) ...That will be my main wash in winters

I still wouldn't, really it doesn't take much more time to wash the car than it does to QD it if you get your process down, and personally I think you're better safe than sorry.

I still wouldn't, really it doesn't take much more time to wash the car than it does to QD it if you get your process down, and personally I think you're better safe than sorry.

I agree better to be safe then sorry. ONR is about 15 minutes. A QD is approx half that and that is also rejuvenating the AJ too (at the same time). I am not expert and QD do work if you know the process and how to use them correctly. If uncertain, do a ONR or PA wash. If those bother you drag out the hose.

I have tried to get ONR to be quicker then a QD, not gonna happen. Now that being stated, if you buy a good QD product it will have plenty of emulsifiers and lubricating agents (most times more then car wash soap alone), you will be fine. You, the end user, needs to know what you can and cannot clean.

I have also just stated to use RO/DI with ONR now. See if it makes a diff.

Hi guys,

Pardon my slow-learning and lack of car-detailing knowledge, but what is JW AG? I'd also like to know what to use to clean the car between washes. Also, how to keep it clean when it's impossible to bring the hose out in the cold winter days of Connecticut. Many thanks!!

Hi guys,

Pardon my slow-learning and lack of car-detailing knowledge, but what is JW AG? I'd also like to know what to use to clean the car between washes. Also, how to keep it clean when it's impossible to bring the hose out in the cold winter days of Connecticut. Many thanks!!

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/acrylic-glos.php Jw AG is my QD king on my car ---sorry

for winters I am using this:

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/norinse.html

Those "No Water Needed" washing products freak me out, and I'll personally never use them.

I'd be afraid to rub, swipe, brush, or caress my car with anything unless it was 100% absolutely clean first, and if that is the case, I'd have no use for these anyway. ;)

Those "No Water Needed" washing products freak me out, and I'll personally never use them.

I'd be afraid to rub, swipe, brush, or caress my car with anything unless it was 100% absolutely clean first, and if that is the case, I'd have no use for these anyway. ;)

Maybe try it on a small panel of the car, you might be surprised here! :D :D :D

Gotta go do mine again tonight...I have some pix from last night. I drove 100 miles today..in the rain.

BEFORE:

july23013pb0.jpg

After:

july23015qc9.jpg

Maybe try it on a small panel of the car, you might be surprised here! :D :D :D

Gotta go do mine again tonight...I have some pix from last night. I drove 100 miles today..in the rain.

BEFORE:

july23013pb0.jpg

After:

july23015qc9.jpg

Nicely done.

I absoultely agree with you.

The Optimum No Rinse and the Protect All Quick and Easy Wash however aren't no water products, you do use a bucket of water mixed with the product, you just wipe the panel dry after washing as opposed to rinsing and no pre rinse is neccissary. These absolutely do work and introduce no more marring than standard washing. I've used Quick and Easy Wash for years.

The downside is you cant flush out wheel wells and seams etc.

I absoultely agree with you.

The Optimum No Rinse and the Protect All Quick and Easy Wash however aren't no water products, you do use a bucket of water mixed with the product, you just wipe the panel dry after washing as opposed to rinsing and no pre rinse is neccissary. These absolutely do work and introduce no more marring than standard washing. I've used Quick and Easy Wash for years.

The downside is you cant flush out wheel wells and seams etc.

I wax mine, once or twice a month, is it going to hurt anhything doing it this much?