Body Kit for 96 sc 400????

HEy guys, my dad has owned a 1996 SC400 since it was new, he is now getting an M5 and Im getting the lexus, I was just doing some research on the net about aftermarket products, SC 400 modds... not looking for anything thats gonna make me look to austentatious (WOW I SUCK AT SPELLING!) but any tips would be greatly appriciated... I would like my car to look like a mean euro machine, not a loud whiney exhaust, but a good deep, strong sound... not a jap ninja kit, but something that lets it sit low and look like its ready to pounce... so anyways, I will post some pics of it soon... mind you its all stock right now.

Im not looking for a race track wonder, just something that seperates itself from the crowd and preforms well...

Get a torque converter, ecu upgrade, open the intake and put a custom exhaust on it. A shot of nitrous oxide or save up for a future turbo, s/c project.

Wald makes a nice body kit as well as AutoCouture, Bomex, ABflug, Phoenix, VIS, Do-luck, etc.

Good luck

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A good SC 400 ECU Upgrade? :blink: I haven't heard about that anywhere before, and thought I read everything. Can you add a couple more personal notes about it and/or where we might read more? Added with a TC, Intake and Exhaust, the ECU upgrade may be the ideal combination for my SC 400. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of companies that do this. Weapon R has one as well as SRT - both have decent reviews.

torque converter

See the faq also for more links. I believe sound performance in Chicago can help also.

ECU's:

weapon-r

WR-ECU

Search lexus upgrade ecu's on google. Amazing.

UCF3 has a good one too. If you live in a emissions state, just make sure it will pass smog checks or whatever. Good thing I don't need to worry about it.