Navigation System Override For Rx350?

This Navigation topic seems to be THE biggest concern about the Newer RX's. I just glanced at the number of "views" it has, and it has been viewed more than any other topic by far. Interesting!

The issue is the speed sensor, NOT the RX's NAV. Speed sensors are NOT particular to RX's. The same NAV disabling function is on some GM products, it's on our 2 different model hybrids, and several other Lexus'. The lockpic disables it. End of story. The lockpic works, regardless of whether your dvd is version 4 thru brand new. The lockpicks are updated NOT because of new DVD's but rather due to hardware upgrades. Again, disabling the speed sensor (via pulling off the modular plug, or by purchasing a lockpick) is what allows NAV over ride, as well as phone access over ride, while your vehicle is in motion. Our installation, done about 3 or 4 months ago (and I'm a numbskill on many 1st time jobs) took less than 40 minutes. Your results may vary. Read the hybrid threads. Several others there had easy / quick installs for the most part. Don't ask me, "can you do this? can you do that?" . . . if you can do it when the car is NOT moving, then once the speed sensor is disabled, you can do it while in motion.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed the $299 Ultimate Lock pick 3. Works like a charm.

It also comes with audio cables that plug into the back of the radio for using an MP3 player.

When the MP3 player is plugged in, it overrides the XM radio. If I have the volume up pretty loud, I can just hear the XM radio in the background.

Instructions say if there is already a CD player, or XM radio (I have both) "you may wish use an Audio Isolator." so the sound of the MP3 player and the XM radio aren't heard at the same time.

Does anyone know what an Audio Isolator is, and where it can be purchased?

Other than that, everything works great...............Don

Just in case anyone's interested, I re-read the instructions (always helps) and the Ultimate Lockpick adds a DVD function to the radio. So I just have to push the "Disc" button until it says DVD, and the MP3 player plays through the DVD audio.

The MP3 player can also be heard on the XM radio mode, but if the MP3 player is left plugged in, but turned off, the XM plays just fine.

Just in case anyone's interested, I re-read the instructions (always helps) and the Ultimate Lockpick adds a DVD function to the radio. So I just have to push the "Disc" button until it says DVD, and the MP3 player plays through the DVD audio.

The MP3 player can also be heard on the XM radio mode, but if the MP3 player is left plugged in, but turned off, the XM plays just fine.

ZZ4, does your rx have the rear dvd system? i am interested in getting the ultimate lockpick3 but it states not for rx with rear dvd system... just wondering...

Last week I took delivery of a new 08 RX350. I had Gen 5.0 and sw 6.1 navigation. First thing I noticed was the sw ver 6.1 was at least 2 years out of date for my area in south Atlanta. A real annoyance for me since I live off a 4 lane highway that was not on map. I called and talked to the sales person she hooked me up with their tech who upgraded me with the new 7.1 version.

in the 7.1 version:

-roads are newer which fixed my main concern.

-no more hitting the "i agree" now it is a 3-5 sec splash screen that goes away automatically.

Tech claimed I could still make and load the a hybrid DVD with the 5.1 file to override locked out functions when moving.

Push the menu button

Press Volume

Touch the upper left corner, lower left corner, upper left, lower left

A new screen pops up

Push and hold the override button until it is highlighted, it will be too

Hit the back button

Go to dest and type it in

Tried this on my 07 - RX 350 and it does NOT work :(

Probably because your NavDVD is version 6.1. The override was moved in v6.1; we're still trying to find out where. Have a look at this Club Lexus post.

SonarTech

I just purchased a 2008 RX350. How do I tell which NavDVD version I have?

Claude 7629,

On your nav system, select MENU. In the uppr right hand corner should be a button labeled MAP DVD. Select that and it should tell you which version you have.

That worked. thanks . I'm still trying to figure this thing out, but I am getting there. The Nav system is the last frontier for me as far as learning the ins and outs of this vehicle.

Last week I took delivery of a new 08 RX350. I had Gen 5.0 and sw 6.1 navigation. First thing I noticed was the sw ver 6.1 was at least 2 years out of date for my area in south Atlanta. A real annoyance for me since I live off a 4 lane highway that was not on map. I called and talked to the sales person she hooked me up with their tech who upgraded me with the new 7.1 version.

in the 7.1 version:

-no more hitting the "i agree" now it is a 3-5 sec splash screen that goes away automatically.

Tech claimed I could still make and load the a hybrid DVD with the 5.1 file to override locked out functions when moving.

Rx350inGA - Were you charged for the upgrade? Did you have to make an appointment/leave vehicle, or was it no big deal?

• 4 weeks later...

in the 7.1 version:

Rx350inGA - Were you charged for the upgrade? Did you have to make an appointment/leave vehicle, or was it no big deal?

BenF12400-

I had called and complained to the sales person about how out of date the street info was and she set me up with the tech. The Tech/Dealer gave it to me free, 2 days after I purchased the car. It took about 1 hour.

Sorry for the delay I haven't been on here in several weeks

• 2 weeks later...
BenF12400-

I had called and complained to the sales person about how out of date the street info was and she set me up with the tech. The Tech/Dealer gave it to me free, 2 days after I purchased the car. It took about 1 hour.

Sorry for the delay I haven't been on here in several weeks

I had asked for a comp upgrade to 7.1 at the 5000 mile service - I got the blank stare. I really didn't expect them to do it since I had not purchased the car at the dealer - I used a broker. At my wife's urging, I contacted the broker and asked if he could contact the selling dealership with whom he has a high sales volume relationship. He agreed to ask for the upgrade since when he delivered the car to the house, the system did not recognize my address.

The dealership (Lexus of Riverside, CA) agreed and is mailing me the 7.1 disk.

I know where the Navigation DVD player is, but is it something I can swap out myself?

• 1 month later...
Rx350inGA - Can you unlock the navi system on your 2008 RX350? Is your RX with rear DVD system and Mark Levison system?

My RX does not have Mark Levison system or DVD. I added (dealer installed) a rear headrest DVD system after purchase.

All the same NAV in motion disabling is still present in the 7.1 version. The only significant change is the updated streets and the removal of the "I agree" button. I just have to wait 3-5 sec for the splash screen to disappear when I start the vehicle.

I am still hoping to make my own hybrid DVD after getting a 5.1 disk from the dealer Tech but it's becoming a long shot now. I may try the lockpick tro gain some more functionallity while driving.

• 1 month later...
Push the menu button

Press Volume

Touch the upper left corner, lower left corner, upper left, lower left

A new screen pops up

Push and hold the override button until it is highlighted, it will be too

Hit the back button

Go to dest and type it in

This doesnt work for me. Wish it did...Love my RX 350 but hate that feature...B

• 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, i m asking the same old question. Does anyone know how to overwrite the RX 2010 Navi system yet? Thanks.

Still searching...the biggest problem is the passenger can't use program the nav either while the car is moving. That part bugs me. Same with Nav Weather and some other functions...really annoying.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, i m asking the same old question. Does anyone know how to overwrite the RX 2010 Navi system yet? Thanks.

Still searching...the biggest problem is the passenger can't use program the nav either while the car is moving. That part bugs me. Same with Nav Weather and some other functions...really annoying.

There is no simple way that I have found. I purchased the only practical solutiion from Prestigious Society. My installation was slightly more complex since I have Rear Seat Entertainment System (RSES), but I received great support from Mark Hou of Prestigious and I am now enjoying the override (full) of all necessary functions, (including DVD play). Awesome company. I am not affiliated with them, just very pleased that my vehicle now works the way I think it should.

Jeff