Where Do I Introduce Myself?

harjp

Hello all. I found this forum last year. If I remember correctly, I was looking for info on how to remove the subwoofer. I was living in Greenwich, CT at the time, and have since moved to Scottsdale, AZ. I own a 1990 LS400 with under 110K.

Since the book valve on the car is so low, and the cost of repair is high, I've decided to learn whatever I can about the car so I can do whatever little I can manage to keep it up myself. So I'll be reading this forum regularly now.

The only "mods" I've done are 16" wheels (I think I went to a 235 width), tinted windows, Alpine deck and speakers (got a nice custom faceplate made to fill the tapezoid), had a sunroof installed, and put in an alarm with a starter kill, auto-start, etc. Oh, and Tokico gas shocks.

I also pulled all the plastic off from before the air filter housing, so the air filter box is semi-open. I'm throwing a K&N filter in there as soon as it arrives.

Finally, I had the car at a local custom exhaust place today. The guy who runs the place told me he can do a true dual exhaust. Basically replace everything from the cats back with 2 1/4" pipe running to two high-flow mufflers (one left, one right).

I'm going to pull the throttle body off and what kind of cleaning it needs.

Has anyone ever turned their First Gen LS400 into a race car? I'd love to "play" with this car over the years to come since I don't plan on ever selling it.

In any case, just wanted to say hello.