Brake Squeal

My front right brake squeals when I brake in the 30-50 mph range, if its soft gradual braking (ie not panic braking). Atleast it sounds like its coming from the front right tire. All four pads have only about 3000 miles on them. Once my speed drops below 30-40 mph, the noise goes away and my braking is whisperquiet. Its rather annoying, as alot of my passengers point it out to me "dude your brakes squeak."

Any ideas what could be causing this? Its only when im in the 30-50 mph range. If I'm going 70 and I start braking, it doesnt start the noise until i reach 45-50 or so.

It's been doing it since I got the car 3 months ago (when the pads were changed).

Also, it doesnt seem to matter whether I'm going straight or turning either way, it still does it.

probably cheap pad were put on the car.try getting some brake quiet at pepboys or your local auto store and apply it around the rotors.if that dont help then you probably wil have to replace the brake and get some better ones.also check the roto for warpage or and lines in it that indicate a need for a shaving.hope this helps

Hi.. I actually have the same problem. But mine is usually when I am at a low speed, comming to a stop at lights or something. And the strange thing is, that they only do it so often. But the fact that they do it at all is whats annoying me? Any thoughts?

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

;) hey bbsal i don't know if me rubbing of on me is a good thing or not

but you are quite welcome to

just don't do it too often or get tooo close

lol

besides you help alot of members faster than i can by readin posts and finding info on common problems

by the way thanks for the mini cedits you leave in the posts ( as per sk) B)

if the brakes are squeling then it is more than likely the brake pad shims were not reinstalled when the new ones went in

go get some and and noise should be gone

if it is at a slow speed then it might be at inital driving caused by moisture on the rotors drying and causing surface rust when parked

when you start to movee it will make a bit of noise as it is rubed off the rotor

another option is the squeal bar on the pad

when the pads get worn they touch against the rotors to tell you they need to be changed

usually under slow speeds and it disappears when the brakes are applied heavily

lots of options good luck

hey no problem!You know your stuff when it comes to our year cars and i dont mind giving you your do in posts.i try to help as much as i can just like you.thats why this forum is sooo good because people like you willing to help others out in your free time!im just happy to be a part of this forum! :rolleyes: