New 460 Pic

Archie

Got a brochure today in the mail. New 460. I saw it last year and typical Toyota. Very conservative and follows the general styling theme for the whole sedan line. If I had my choice I wish they would pick up on the Italians like Maserati and make the 460 stand out from the rest of the line.

Toyota seems to like the Germans with rounded edges. I would think for this kind of money you should see one coming from a mile off.

Just in case you haven't seen the web site check out www.ls.lexus.com/newls

We keep think about getting one but the the gas thing gets to me. Premium gas is brutal. It has an 8 speed transmission which should help on the highway.

There is the social conscience thing working here also. Is it right to drive a huge, heavy car in todays world? It's possible big expensive cars will be a social pariah like the Hummer in a few years. Maybe I'll wait a while.

Very conservative and follows the general styling theme for the whole sedan line. If I had my choice I wish they would pick up on the Italians like Maserati and make the 460 stand out from the rest of the line.

Lexus has invested a lot of money in developing and rolling out their new styling theme and tying each model into that theme. The LS buyer (and the Lexus buyer in general) is very conservative, I think if you made the LS "stand out" they'd loose customers. The new LS is certainly the biggest departure from the previous LS designs ever.

Toyota seems to like the Germans with rounded edges. I would think for this kind of money you should see one coming from a mile off.

You mean for $30,000 less than the competition?

We keep think about getting one but the the gas thing gets to me. Premium gas is brutal. It has an 8 speed transmission which should help on the highway.

There is the social conscience thing working here also. Is it right to drive a huge, heavy car in todays world? It's possible big expensive cars will be a social pariah like the Hummer in a few years. Maybe I'll wait a while.

I think you're overthinking things here lol. The LS has ALWAYS been good on gas for its size. In fact, I believe its the only big V8 sedan in its power class that doesn't pay a gas guzzler tax. The LS430 gets better mileage than my V6 ES now! AND they're offering the first hybrid premium luxury sedan ever.

As for being a social pariah, who cares? Personally I never cared about driving an SUV nor do I really think its a "social pariah". You might get a sneer from some tree hugging granola eating wacko in a Honda Insight, but who cares what they think and 95% of people dont care.

Got a brochure today in the mail. New 460. I saw it last year and typical Toyota. Very conservative and follows the general styling theme for the whole sedan line. If I had my choice I wish they would pick up on the Italians like Maserati and make the 460 stand out from the rest of the line.

Just in case you haven't seen the web site check out www.ls.lexus.com/newls

Everybody said the same thing about the new S550 comparing to the old body of S500. When I saw the new S550 on the street my jaw dropped. :)

Very conservative and follows the general styling theme for the whole sedan line. If I had my choice I wish they would pick up on the Italians like Maserati and make the 460 stand out from the rest of the line.

Lexus has invested a lot of money in developing and rolling out their new styling theme and tying each model into that theme. The LS buyer (and the Lexus buyer in general) is very conservative, I think if you made the LS "stand out" they'd loose customers. The new LS is certainly the biggest departure from the previous LS designs ever.

You mean for $30,000 less than the competition?

I think you're overthinking things here lol. The LS has ALWAYS been good on gas for its size. In fact, I believe its the only big V8 sedan in its power class that doesn't pay a gas guzzler tax. The LS430 gets better mileage than my V6 ES now! AND they're offering the first hybrid premium luxury sedan ever.

As for being a social pariah, who cares? Personally I never cared about driving an SUV nor do I really think its a "social pariah". You might get a sneer from some tree hugging granola eating wacko in a Honda Insight, but who cares what they think and 95% of people dont care.

One of the things I like about my LS400 is that it is unpretentious looking. While I agree that the new Maserati sedans are beautiful, I don't find myself expecting to drive something that looks like a Maserati for 1/3 the price of one. That's cheesy. If you want something that looks like a Maserati, go out and buy the real thing.

As for the cost of premium gas, I assume you're kidding. For a 20 gallon tank, at $0.15 more a gallon than regular, premium gas adds $3.00 to the cost of a tank.

thats an acura mated to a jaguar, should have gotten an abortion. maybe even a cross bred with something really ugly...

anywhoo, according to articles, the LS will get mpg in the mid 20's, which is really good. Go for the hybrid, and im seeing low 30's. Hey, its better than my RX, still getting less than 15 city.