I Should Be Beaten For Not Sharing This Sooner...

dfkd

Last winter the heater core in my old Taurus went out and in my search for info on repairing it myself I found a great resource website that I totally forgot to share with you guys.:whistles:

http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html

We're clicking on the blue and green ARRC icon...

On this site there is information including repair procedures, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, labour calculator and other good stuff. Best of all it has all that info for almost any car out there from the 60's right up till now! :blink:

I can't believe i didnt share this earlier! :chairshot:

Have fun with this one guys. It's definitely a bookmarker! Helped me out a whole lot.

NOTE: for the '90 - '92 LS, we need to go to the '93 listing for the repair procedures...

I've been looking for something like this especially the hours of labor per job. Its been bookmarked. Thanks :)

Last winter the heater core in my old Taurus went out and in my search for info on repairing it myself I found a great resource website that I totally forgot to share with you guys.:whistles:

http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html

We're clicking on the blue and green ARRC icon...

On this site there is information including repair procedures, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, labour calculator and other good stuff. Best of all it has all that info for almost any car out there from the 60's right up till now! :blink:

I can't believe i didnt share this earlier! :chairshot:

Have fun with this one guys. It's definitely a bookmarker! Helped me out a whole lot.

NOTE: for the '90 - '92 LS, we need to go to the '93 listing for the repair procedures.

I too have replaced the heater core on the Tauras. What a nightmare. Yes I am afraid the hours are correct it envolved lots of removeal including the dash. The engineers just dont think of maintenance when some of these things fail. I am sure the LS might also be tough. Good luck,

I cannot find replacement of Rack and Pinion for 90 Ls, not even under 1993

Perhaps you should look more closely then cause it's there...

93>Lexus>LS400>Repair Procedures>Steering and Suspension>Steering>Power Rack and Pinion

Or as we try to stress constantly on the boards...Search is your friend! ;)

I must be a big stupie. I can't get past the log in screen. How do i set up an account?

The site has this note on it:

"If you see a login screen when trying to connect to the Auto Repair Reference Center (AARC),

you may be behind a firewall.

As many of our customers need to allow access through firewalls, proxies, filtering software and other security features, we have a list of URLs that your network will need to have full access to, in order to use EBSCOhost to its fullest extent. This is called an exception list by many companies that produce these security applications. Please add the following addresses to their exception list:

ebsco.e-toolbox.com

www.e-toolbox.com

aarc.epnet.com"

If you have serive pack 2 on your XP, then you have to turn it off my going into the control panel. And if you really really want to see it, start your computer in SAFE mode.

I also suspect that it is a firewall issue. I have service pack 2 on XP and I am not having problems viewing that web site. How would starting XP in safe mode address the problem?

You can add the exception in XP's firewall without going to safe mode.

However, the problem would be in your router if you have one, or if you're connecting through a college or work connection.

I am using my Nortons firewall. Turned it off and still goto the login screen. Oh well.

Jake is a Australian sheppard. That's his first grade picture. He's a litle bigger now, and still loves his boat. He's pretty smart. He has NEVER even tried to get into the Lexus.

post-18797-1153093307_thumb.jpg

As long as we're talking about satellite radio...

How do you like my install?

post-18797-1153093625_thumb.jpg

lol well im using service pack 2 with a router (at home) and its perfectly fine for me, but he might have some sort of "other" firewall issues. Im jsut saying safe mode only loads the important stuff just needed to turn on your computer, i think even leaving out firewall and virus scan. Therefore, if it works in safe mode, then it has something to do with the firewall. But i must warn you, getting out of safe mode is a real pain. lol

bleh didnt see a page two was already made, ignore this