Automatic Door Locking/unlocking User Settable?

I know about Lexus Personalized settings, but having recently bought an RX 400h I noticed on Page 44 of the manual that the Automatic Door Locking/Unlocking functions are user settable.

But after trying the procedure (ignition ON, move gear lever to "N", within 10 seconds hold down door lock for 5 seconds) I wasn't able to change it to "lock on vehicle speed".

Anyone else tried this and is there a special trick to getting it to work?

Moreover, on rereading the Personalized Settings, it only offers "lock when shifting out of park" or not. Not "lock on vehicle speed", which is what I wanted and is offered as user settable on page 44.

thanks.

to my understanding, my rx330 has only lock when shifting out of park, which its been set on that since i got the car in 2004. if it says its possible in the manual, then its possible i guess. Keep trying, sometimes it takes more than a few times to do. Your only other hope is to tell them to do it when you get the lexus

I have a LS400 1995 and it has a semilar problem with unclock the rest of the door. Sometimes it drives me nuts to keep pressing the button of remote and expect the rear doors to unclock. Most of the times I just open the passenger door and put the button myself to unclock the back door. But I now I don't have to do that anymore.

Guess what I did? I remove the glove comparment and look for where is the computer locates at, I found it and unplug every single plug and clean the contact. Now 90% of the times to unlock back door is easy, just simply second times press on unlock button.

Rx330Driver -- thanks -- I tried the procedure a few more times but it hasn't worked. The manual is a little sketchy on details. For instance it says move ignition to ON, but does that mean engine should be in "Ready" state, also you can't move the shift lever to "N" without pressing the brake but it doesn't tell you that. I suppose I can ask them to set it when I get them to set the other Personalized settings as you suggest.

Chubyball -- I belive you are referring to a different personalized setting -- where a single key click will open all the doors instead of requiring one click for driver door and another one for all the remaining doors. At least in my reading of the manual this one is not user settable.

Typically, when a procedure calls for turning the ignition "On", it refers to rotating the key from "Off" to "On", without starting the engine. This is part of my Corvette's procedure to reset the "Oil Life Remaining" display back to 0%.

i dont think on mean starting the engine, i just means move it to the farthest clockwise position until you feel the stop, i think on our cars its the ACC position. i guess you would have to step on the brake. I had a really hard time with my garage opener and lexus said they would send somebody to come by and do it for me, but i finally figured it out after a few more tries. YOur best bet is to keep trying whenever you have time, even though i know it will be frustrating. hehe

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to program my 400h door unlock when shifting to park. It works fine just following the procedure in page 44. My car has default setting for door lock when speed over setting limit. So I don't need to set that.