My Neighbor Has A '01 Rx300 With 7k Miles

Grumpa72

on it. My wife drives our white '05 330 and was walking and stopped to talk with a neighbor we don't see much of. They talk cars (MY wife talking cars with ANYONE is an indication of how much she loves her 330!) and Lexus comes up. He mentions how sick his wife continues to be and leaves the house very seldom. 7000 miles on a 5+ year old car. I may have to walk over there and look at it.

Now that would be a nice car for me to drive.

Gary

I would be careful with a car like that. Make sure to ask how many times its been in for an oil change and such, because a car that sits that long without being used can cause all the liquids to turn "black" and dirty. they should be changed every few months in consideration of the miles. It should be in a good condition outside though, is he selling it or are you just window shopping?

There are a couple of other things to look out for with really low mileage vehicles. If they are not started very often the seals and gaskets will start to dry out and wear prematurely. If the car is started often but not driven very far it doesn't really have a chance to reach operating temp which can cause a host of other issues.

I would much rather have a high mileage vehicle with highway miles on it than one that wasn't driven enough.

I have the same situation with my CRV in the Philippines. I hope it doesn't have major problems or whatever because it's a 97 CRV, with only 10k kilometers!!! :wacko::geek: ;)

Definitely, it needs new tires because it's already showing signs of aging. :chairshot:

Well, I should have prefaced this by saying the 300 wasn't for sale. Merely a comment on such a low mileage, almost six year old vehicle. I really have no intention of looking for another car. My current car is a 93 Acura Legend, which is a hand-me down from my wife after she got the Lexus. I LOVE my Legend just for around town and short haul trips. Still trucking with lots of mileage and years left on it.

Now, if that '01 ever did come up for sale, you can bet that it would get a going over that is thorough beyond belief. I, too, think that cars must be driven more than that to keep all of the seals good and the fluids from getting dirty or contaminated.

Gary