Telescoping Function

dsmlexus

My problem has finally irritated me enough to do something about it. I have discovered that during the winter months it actually works as it should but during the hot summer months it's not at all. My tilt function works properly. I used to be able to hit the steering wheel once or twice and it would telescope when needed but now that doesn't even work and I just hear it "click" inside when I operate the toggle switch. Does someone have a diy procedure on the board here to possibly fix my telescoping wheel problem.

Thanks in advance for any help. Jim

Several people have posted information on how to fix problems with the steering column adjustments. Here is a great one: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...;hl=telescoping

The "search" function of this forum is very useful. I found the article quickly by searching the LS forum for "telescoping".

Several people have posted information on how to fix problems with the steering column adjustments. Here is a great one: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...;hl=telescoping

The "search" function of this forum is very useful. I found the article quickly by searching the LS forum for "telescoping".

Thank you for the link, but it appears this is for a tilt problem. Tell me if I am wrong but reading through it, it appears that way to me. My problem is the in-out telescoping has failed. I can tilt my wheel all day but the telescoping function just gives me a "clicking" sound. Could I need a new motor?