Can Someone Explain What This Is...

dfkd

I was looking for a future model of the SC and i came across this...gem.

It was labelled as the Lexus Landau.

67.jpg

landau1.jpg

01.jpg

94id_lexus_landau_6.jpg

94id_lexus_landau_5.jpg

02.jpg

Anyone have any info on this?

Edited by SKperformance

Not the greatest looker of the bunch, but I wonder if designers of the new VW Golf, got heir cues from this. At least the front and rear end. Food for toughts.. or maybe I am just being insomniac, so I am starting seeing things :whistles:

Not the greatest looker of the bunch, but I wonder if designers of the new VW Golf, got heir cues from this. At least the front and rear end. Food for toughts.. or maybe I am just being insomniac, so I am starting seeing things :whistles:

General shape and profile are very similar to the Fiat Brava of about the same era. Not sure if ItalDesign did the Fiat though. Might have been Bertone.

Personally I would not mind parking it next to "Big Brother" LS in my driveway! B)

I think the design is organic, balanced and timeless. Very much unlike many of the "flavour of the day" designs that dominate within small cars today. I also find the interior very appealing, and I would feel right at home, moving from the LS.

What a difference from the digital, gizmo laden and ugly interior in for instance the new Yaris or in the new Civic.:wacko:

Perhaps there is some "Euro-taste" vs "US-taste"?

/Alexander from Sweden