Es 350 Orange Light Covers

Mike W

I am looking for a source to replace the orange covers for turn signals and side marker lights with clear covers. I recognize I need to have orange colored bulbs behind the clear covers for DOT requirements. Knew where to get them for my BMW but not for the Lexus. Is there a source for these type of items?

I am looking for a source to replace the orange covers for turn signals and side marker lights with clear covers. I recognize I need to have orange colored bulbs behind the clear covers for DOT requirements. Knew where to get them for my BMW but not for the Lexus. Is there a source for these type of items?

At the moment there are virtually NO aftermarket parts for an ES350. This car has been on the market for less then 2 months, so the manufacturers are reluctant to start producing parts until they get the lay of the land. This could take at least a year.

My understanding of most DOT laws is that the cover can be whatever you want. The light emitted must be yellow.

Is it a yellow cover that you can remove, or is it something you can dissasemble & take out a yellow filter? (like all the previous lights)

I meant to ask for a source for clear covers not the orange bulbs.

What is the sence of clearing your corners if you are going to put an orange bulb in there?

After you clear the corners or remove the orange plastic, look into a silver bulb that flashes orange. It will add that much more style.

gallery_688_27_1112216134.jpg

gallery_688_27_1112216093.jpg

steviej

Are you talking about the turnsignals or the sidemarkers? I believe the turn signals are all clear lensed and covered anyways (they are on my 03) the color comes from the bulb. As for the sidemarkers, by DOT regs the refletive sidemarkers MUST be amber, no idea when they will or if they ever will come out with clear replacements, they still dont have them for the 02-06