Atf Question

Hi guys

My manual ('93 ES300) states that the ATF I should be using is DEX-II but it is hard to find. Most places stock Dex-III.

Question is: Are Dexron II and Dexron III interchangable? Or, in other words, can I use Dexron III ATF? According to the printing on the back label of the DEX-III ATF bottle, it meets or exceeds all DEX-II specifications. So, it should be ok, right? Just want to be sure.

Thanks for any help.

it meets or exceeds all DEX-II specifications.

Dexron III replaced Dexron II

Dexron III ATF is your:

ATF fluid

Differential fluid

Powersteering fluid

Flush the transmission (Or drain the pan twice+, driving around alittle bit in between draining)

Drain & refill the differential

Flush the powersteering fluid.

it meets or exceeds all DEX-II specifications.

Dexron III replaced Dexron II

Dexron III ATF is your:

ATF fluid

Differential fluid

Powersteering fluid

Flush the transmission (Or drain the pan twice+, driving around alittle bit in between draining)

Drain & refill the differential

Flush the powersteering fluid.

That would 'splain why I can't find Dex-II !!! :wacko:

Thanks for your help on this Toys!

No problem. :)

Everybody always forget the powersteering flush. Everybody *really* always forgets the differential change! LoL!

Do it! You won't believe the funk smell that ATF has too it if it's been in there a good 10 years.

No problem. :)

Everybody always forget the powersteering flush. Everybody *really* always forgets the differential change! LoL!

Do it! You won't believe the funk smell that ATF has too it if it's been in there a good 10 years.

NOT ME! PS is drained every year with brake fluid. Diff gets it when tranny is done. Only get like 3/4 QT out!!!

Ya. :(

I love their ATF, its just so expencive!? It's the only choice once you start putting some torque through these things tho. You'll like m1 synthetic oil. It just so much easier to buy & is so close to being that good lol! If you're going to long drain it - shell the extra $4 for the EP too.

Same thing as classic, but with 3x the UAO's! woot!