What's Recommended For A New Car

so I went ahead and bought some MF towels as well as poor boy's spray and wipe, and I love it, now I am hooked, I am wondering, what do I need for a brand new car, I don't have any swirls , or scratches (at least yet), do I need to wax, polish, and apply glaze, I was thinking about buying this kit, but it talks about removing swirls etc. please help, I already bought some products from the what do I need first, but my car is not in a condition that it needs any swirls etc removed, so do I just wax?, glaze?, polish? all three? I don't know, help......TIA. (Thank you in advance). oops here is the kit http://www.properautocare.com/mecarcakit.html

I would use clay, polish or compound(s) and LSP. You, I feel do not need glazes since there are just fillers.

You need clay as I am sure you know to get a glass/smooth finish.

You need compounds to clean oxidations and day-to-day scratches.

You need LSP to protect the surface (either Carnauba, Polymer, acrylic, etc)

I like these product for a detail:

1. Wash with Poorboys super suds or Optimum No rise or S&W

2. Clay with Magic clay or alternate with lube

3. Use Optimum Compound or SSR 2.5 (SSR is dusty). OC has long work time.

4. Follow up with SSR 1.0 or Jeff Werkstatt (JW) Prime

5. Now use something like Poorboys EX or EXP or JW AJT

6. After that for some gloss, depth etc, I like JW AG or Natty Blue from Poorboys.

I use Poorboys S&G weekly or S&W if more then light dirt.

They really is no one product the best. You need to try a lot and see what you like. What I like you might not.

I have been out on autopia.com for some time (from 2003). Good info to learn on, big time.

Also make sure you have plenty of MF towels. I also like LC foam buffer pads for my rotary.

I would use clay, polish or compound(s) and LSP. You, I feel do not need glazes since there are just fillers.

6. After that for some gloss, depth etc, I like JW AG or Natty Blue from Poorboys.

They really is no one product the best. You need to try a lot and see what you like. What I like you might not.

I have been out on autopia.com for some time (from 2003). Good info to learn on, big time.

Also make sure you have plenty of MF towels. I also like LC foam buffer pads for my rotary.

thank you for taking the time to provide me with this intensive guide. I appreciate it.

thank you for taking the time to provide me with this intensive guide. I appreciate it.

no big deal..hope it helps or at least give you one way to do it.there are more way then a boat to China.Play around and see what you like. I really liked Poorboys SSR but it is way dusty. So is Menzerna but not OC. Some do not care.

You could try also use Menzerna IP, FP FPII compunds instead of OC.

Some people like Klasse AIO and others no.

Could also use Mothers or P21 or Pinnacle...etc..etc

I also in the middle of Chemical Guys stuff right now.

Also somethings are beter with a PC then a rotary. Example, using my rotary OC (Optimum) is better. If using a PC, Menzerna or SSR would be fine.

There are other products that are out there. So far after spending about little over 1K in the last month+, JW and poorboys is what I like the best. Prepped with OC and maybe some final detail to add gloss.

If I had to buy only one out of all the products I have tried (tried many more then listed). JW wins hands down.

You're off to the right start, the next thing you should do is read the tutorial at the top of the forum entitled "What do I do first?" there are also some product suggestions in there.

You're off to the right start, the next thing you should do is read the tutorial at the top of the forum entitled "What do I do first?" there are also some product suggestions in there.

thank you, I already read it. I bought some of the suggested MF towels 6 , 3 and 3. I'll get some more of the other things later on. I am still undecided about what to use for the black leather interior, some people suggested lexol, I really don't like the shinny or greasy feel. then I talked to ranney and he recommended some kind of "leatherique". some I really don't know.

it. I bought some of the suggested MF towels 6 , 3 and 3. I'll get some more of the other things later on. I am still undecided about what to use for the black leather interior, some people suggested lexol, I really don't like the shinny or greasy feel. then I talked to ranney and he recommended some kind of "leatherique". some I really don't know.

The Lexol won't leave the leather "too" shiny, you just need to make sure you don't let it sit too long. Just rub it in for maybe ten minutes then mop it up with a dry rag. Then go over it again with another dry rag. A few days later it will look the same as it did before you applied any conditioner to it.

it. I bought some of the suggested MF towels 6 , 3 and 3. I'll get some more of the other things later on. I am still undecided about what to use for the black leather interior, some people suggested lexol, I really don't like the shinny or greasy feel. then I talked to ranney and he recommended some kind of "leatherique". some I really don't know.

The Lexol won't leave the leather "too" shiny, you just need to make sure you don't let it sit too long. Just rub it in for maybe ten minutes then mop it up with a dry rag. Then go over it again with another dry rag. A few days later it will look the same as it did before you applied any conditioner to it.

thank you, I guess I have to give it a try, I was thinking about poor boy's for interior cleaning, I forgot the name of it.

I also hate the shiny look, I use Lexol and it works very well.

Now, that said, I have uncoated leather. Lexol will not absorb into coated leather, Lexus vehicles (except the Coach editions) all had coated leather until 2001-2002. All the leather on the newer cars is uncoated.

One good way to mute the shine of things like Poorboys Natural look is to cut it 50/50 with water.

I also hate the shiny look, I use Lexol and it works very well.

Now, that said, I have uncoated leather. Lexol will not absorb into coated leather, Lexus vehicles (except the Coach editions) all had coated leather until 2001-2002. All the leather on the newer cars is uncoated.

One good way to mute the shine of things like Poorboys Natural look is to cut it 50/50 with water.

thank you, well it sounds like I may have uncoated leather (06 IS350) so I think I may give Lexol a try. thank you once more everyone for your suggestions and tips. sorry If I ask too many questions.

• 4 weeks later...