What Do You Use/recommend?

what do you pro's recommend to remove the dust off the car in the morning, my car seems to collect a lot of dust, what do you guys recommend to buy to remove this without scratching it. thank you. I have the smoky granite. TIA

what do you pro's recommend to remove the dust off the car in the morning, my car seems to collect a lot of dust, what do you guys recommend to buy to remove this without scratching it. thank you. I have the smoky granite. TIA

I did my yesterday after sitting outoside all day. I either use Poor Boys Spray and Wipe.or Gloass ir BLue mintfinal wipe. Again this is LIGHT stuff on car. I would use Spray nad Gloass or wipe first.

I did my yesterday after sitting outoside all day. I either use Poor Boys Spray and Wipe.or Gloass ir BLue mintfinal wipe. Again this is LIGHT stuff on car. I would use Spray nad Gloass or wipe first.

thank you very much, do you use a microfiber towel with the spray?

Yes, let the towel clean;aka to not push on towel to marr surface. Did mine yesterday after 1 week and about 300 miles. Rained 3 days.

Sad part is, it came out great using SW and SG then the stupid pollen! Car looks yellow again! I have some pix if you want to see? I

detailed 3 cars yesterday...Soar as Hell...started at 10 am and finished at 5 pm. Had my old man helping too.

I DID find a GREAT site for LC pads and MF towel. Selection is small but the prices are great AND they have a 15% off with a coupon code.

http://www.danase.com/

If its just dry dust a California duster works well. I have one Ive used for 12 years now, on black, white, blue and now matador red, and its still going strong. Just brush it lightly over the car to remove dust and then sweep the entire car in one direction for a final clean.

If its just dry dust a California duster works well. I have one Ive used for 12 years now, on black, white, blue and now matador red, and its still going strong. Just brush it lightly over the car to remove dust and then sweep the entire car in one direction for a final clean.

I agree, I bought my first Cal duster 3 weeks ago and love how great a job it does of getting the dust off with no abrasion to the finish. Was so impressed, I got the smaller one too for dusting the inside. Now, giving them as gifts to friends. Source Pep Boys....caught a sale!

Yes, let the towel clean;aka to not push on towel to marr surface. Did mine yesterday after 1 week and about 300 miles. Rained 3 days.

Sad part is, it came out great using SW and SG then the stupid pollen! Car looks yellow again! I have some pix if you want to see? I

detailed 3 cars yesterday...Soar as Hell...started at 10 am and finished at 5 pm. Had my old man helping too.

I DID find a GREAT site for LC pads and MF towel. Selection is small but the prices are great AND they have a 15% off with a coupon code.

http://www.danase.com/

I am sorry, I am new to this, what do you mean by "let the towel clean"? I don't understand, I ordered the PB spray and wipe and I don't want to use it incorectly. any advice would be appreciate it.

I would really go on Autopia and ask/search. I do not think you will get a winner "hands down". It is like waxes/ sealants some like Poorboys, some Car-lack, meguiars, pinnacle, clearkote, P21, NXT, Klasse etc. It is all in what you like. i know some that love that love the duster and some think it is poor. Nermind compounds or QD items, then it gets worse. :D

I am sorry, I am new to this, what do you mean by "let the towel clean"? I don't understand, I ordered the PB spray and wipe and I don't want to use it incorectly. any advice would be appreciate it.

Do not push on the MF towel. Let the weight of the towel clean. So far I have only used Poorboys S&G and S&W to clean. For light dirt etc S&G works mint.

I am also going to try (yet more items) clearkote quickspray, FK425, JW Quick wash and Chemical Guys detailer.

Oh, if you look online you can get MF towel pretty low cost.

Do not push on the MF towel. Let the weight of the towel clean. So far I have only used Poorboys S&G and S&W to clean. For light dirt etc S&G works mint.

I am also going to try (yet more items) clearkote quickspray, FK425, JW Quick wash and Chemical Guys detailer.

Oh, if you look online you can get MF towel pretty low cost.

Thank you very much, I found some MF towels at Pakshak at a very good price, they have excellent customer service and they seem to be made of a good material, I will recommend checking them out before you look anywhere else. just my .02 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem I see is the duster is just that. It does not remove water spots, oxidation and road stuff. Nor does it add gloss or slickness to paint....which I want.

I will take Poorboys or QW (from JW) over a duster dayday.....

It's about dusting off an otherwise clean car, not detailing the finish.

Tell Ranney at Pakshak you're from here or Autopia, you'll get better pricing ;)

You get 10% off but even with that their prices are STILL higher then most, big time.

Example: ClearKote Quik Shine Quart they want ($15.95 or $14.35 with 10% off) @ Pakshak

I just bought it from another dealers for $11.95 and others are $9.95

Another: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 32 oz ($16.95 or $15.25 with 10% off) @ Pakshak

I just bought it from another dealers for $14.95 from others, normal price...Others are $13.95

Another: Poorboy's Spray and Wipe Waterless Car Wash 16 oz: ($8.95 or $8.05 with 10% off) @ Pakshak

I just bought some for $3.95 normal prices on another website.

They have a nice website but again way over-priced I feel.

Problem I see is the duster is just that. It does not remove water spots, oxidation and road stuff. Nor does it add gloss or slickness to paint....which I want.

I will take Poorboys or QW (from JW) over a duster dayday.....

It's about dusting off an otherwise clean car, not detailing the finish.

Very true but why not take the <5 minutes and clean and add some pop/depth? If you like the Ca Duster then keep or stay with it. Once you find something you like stay with it.

I'm just talking about Microfiber towels. I didnt even think about the fact that he resells all that stuff now.

I'd still rather pay him a little more for stuff if I can, since he's such a nice guy.