Got New Summer Tread: Goodyear Eagle F1's

steviej

I had to put new summer tread on the 18" Enkeis for my 02 ES.

After lots of reading and talking and reading and researching and riding in other peoples cars, I went with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s (235/40ZR-18).

The Toyo FZ4s that were on there only had 21,000 miles on them but boy did they get loud in three years. They sounded like big ole knobby truck tires and they really transmitted the road vibrations.

So far (only 100 miles of rain) these Goodyears are very quiet and smooth. Major improvement, but time will tell.

steviej

PS, the soundtrack for the new movie Cars and a $100 cash card from Goodyear eased the $1000 shelled out for the new skins.

I had to put new summer tread on the 18" Enkeis for my 02 ES.

After lots of reading and talking and reading and researching and riding in other peoples cars, I went with the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s (235/40ZR-18).

The Toyo FZ4s that were on there only had 21,000 miles on them but boy did they get loud in three years. They sounded like big ole knobby truck tires and they really transmitted the road vibrations.

So far (only 100 miles of rain) these Goodyears are very quiet and smooth. Major improvement, but time will tell.

steviej

PS, the soundtrack for the new movie Cars and a $100 cash card from Goodyear eased the $1000 shelled out for the new skins.

If I was choosing a set of summer rubber, they would be (by far) those steviej! B) An excellent choice!

:cheers: