95 Es: High Pass Filter On Rear Channels?

Hello,

I replaced my rear 6x9 with a pair of Polk 6x9 3 ways, I took out the tweeter and mid so I am just running the rear channels to a pair of woofers. However, I found no improve in bass response. Same flat low end as before.

Before someone tells me to get a sub to get good bass, I want to emphasize that I only want to improve low end from stock, not going all out.

My question is: Are there high pass filters embedded in the stock amp rear channel? The speakers are not hitting the low end at all. If it is full range, how come the front doors (I know they are full range) has more bass than the rear deck?

TIA

CL copy/paste

Buy an amp for the 6x9's.

The simple fact is you've still got a factory pioneer amp that can't push but 15-20watts max on that channel. By upgrading, you've lost the bad (but sensative / low power requirement) paper speakers & traded them for some that will bearly wake up when the factory amp is maxed out.

Most descent 6*9's really want 30-40watt RMS for general playing. Not like, 5-10watts.

You an do great sub setups without them costing much & still retain your trunk.

Otherwise.... Ditch the 6x9's, cut out the deck & install some *real* midbass drivers. Kicker SMB8's rock. I loved mine. No, there is no high pass filter. You're just not driving the 6x9's.

It's a pain... But you can cut the dek out & mount your deck speakers in a small closed, or ported enclosure & they'll sound infinately better. Just do the math on volume & port size if you're going to try a proted enclosure on them.