96-98 Es Owners And Code 0440

I usaully don't do this sort of stuff, but I thought it too good not to take a chance and copy a post seen on ClubLexus.

It is for Lexus owners that have had problems with the charcol canister and EPV.

The words in blue where copied from a CL post, the link is at the bottom.

Mine is an ES-300 98 model with 60K miles. I had the same problem with the error code 0440 which requires a change of charcoal cannister and EPV valve. Lexus dealership gave an estimate of 850 $ for both.

I called the customer service no and showed them the case which Toyota/Lexus lost against US EPA on 03/07/2003. The case requires Toyota to extend the Emission warranty from 2/24k to 14yrs/150k on 1996-1998 vehicles.

Customer Service called the dealership and the dealership had to do it for free....

link: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...15&pagenumber=2

just trying to be helpful.

I never knew of this in the emissions warranty.

Did anyone here?

steviej

• 1 year later...

I just went through this today. Unfortunately, I did not find your post until after I went through a bit of hassle with the dealer. Fortunately I did learn about the enhanced warranty because my dealer sure as heck wasn't going to tell me!... so I will bring your old old post up to the top! :)