Toyota Atf Gone Up In Price?

Oh man! I had to take a detour home after work today and figured I'd pick up some ATF so I could pull the pan tonight. I stopped at Darcars Toyota in Frederick MD to buy some. When I got the bill, it was $6.42 a quart! Every other dealership I've gone to has it for less than $4. I was in a pinch for time so I went ahead and bought a few quarts. Anyone else seen high prices like that?

Also, for anyone who is curious, I dropped the pan and was happy to see that there was very little sludge in there. The magnets were lightly covered, but that was it. I pulled the pan 16k ago and found a ton of sludge. I cleaned the pan and replaced it, did two more drain and fills between February and April, and pulled the pan again today. I'm thinking that I can probably go longer before cleaning the pan as long as I do drain and fills. There really is a huge difference in the amount of work between doing a simple drain and fill, which is easier than changing your oil, and pulling the pan, which really sucks when your working with the car on ramps.

Toyota dealers are owned and run by Americans, not by corporate Toyota. Some dealers charge ABOVE retail price ! In other words, you are being soaked by your fellow Americans, not by corporate Toyota. Corporate Toyotas suggested retail price for Type T fluid is around $3.75 - $4.00 a quart.

Dealers can do what they want. It is like anyother business out there. It is like dealers in my area all change diffferent prices on TB, water pumps etc. And the prices are HUGE in delta.

But you will see an increase now or very soon on any oil product.

For example since I got dragged into Walfart the other day. Mobil EP oil used to be $24.xx and are not 28 for there 5 qt judged. Every oil item in there has gone up.

I do a pan removal everyother service drain 30 to 40K miles.

• 8 months later...

Toyota dealers are owned and run by Americans, not by corporate Toyota. Some dealers charge ABOVE retail price ! In other words, you are being soaked by your fellow Americans, not by corporate Toyota. Corporate Toyotas suggested retail price for Type T fluid is around $3.75 - $4.00 a quart.

South coast toyota in Los Angeles area has a case for $ 3.99 a quart. Toyata of orange matched the price for me on last saturday.